“Try the 'Lomi for Lovers' Massage - great massage and experience!”
Review of Luana Spa Retreat

Luana Spa Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Spas & Wellness in Hana
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Try the 'Lomi for Lovers' Massage - great massage and experience!”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

On our honeymoon in Hana, my wife and I thought it would be fun to not only get massages, but learn how to massage each other, for when we were back home in much less tropical Ireland. We had a great teacher in linda, who had studied Lomi specifically for over a year and had been practicing for far longer. What could have sounded like a weird experience wasn't in the slightest. She was an extremely helpful and patient teacher and she would give the massage at the same time as either you or your partner so whoever was receiving the massage had 4 hands on them at any one time, really nice and relaxing!! She answered all our questions and even gave us an extra half hour for free!!! Incredible service!! Well worth the money for the experience and training, and they even throw in a bottle of free massage oil to take home with you. On top of this you get to have the massage in a beautiful setting overlooking a beach, under a traditional hawaiian thatched shade. I couldn't recommend this more. (In case you were worried, everything was completely professional, and discreet, privacy was maintained at all times....we were completely comfortable the whole time).

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Michael K

Walpole, New Hampshire
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Our own little piece of paradise”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Luana Spa Retreat for two nights recently. Nancy has thought of everything! The yurt is perfect!! We loved every moment on "our own" bluff overlooking the bay!! The views were breathtaking and the sounds of the ocean to fall asleep to and wake up to in the morning was so relaxing. The surround sound provided by the windows which we left open during our stay made us feel like we were on the beach with the ocean air and sounds. The outdoor shower was a first for me and I loved it. The extra touch of the toiletries was an example of the thought that went into providing the traveler/tourist with everything. This little secret was just fabulous, those staying at the other lodging facilities in Hana missed out on the best experience ever.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank 519Marla519
Seattle, Washington
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Love the natural setting with world class services!”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I visit this spa every time I visit Hana. The owner, Nancy Plenty, is full of authentic aloha and offers all the services you'd receive at the Four Seasons on the west side of the island. This spa is totally worth the visit if you are comfortable in and enjoy the natural setting.

Visited March 2012
4 Thank WorldTravelGoddess
Minneapolis, Minnesota
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best massage ever”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

As a hospital RN I treat myself to a massage at home every 3-6 months for my work aches and pains. This massage was the absolute best I have ever had. Maybe it was the sound of the ocean, the feel of the ocean breeze or the adorable palm thatched gazebo we were under either way it was great. We did a couple massage and I really felt the price was right. Best spa in Hana.

Visited February 2012
5 Thank MrsPeeps1985
Brooklyn, NY
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I had a scrub and massage treatment at the Luana Spa (didn't stay there though) on Christmas eve for a special treat. Carla did my treatments and I can truly say her hands are magical. I'm very ticklish and usually hate having any kind of massage, but she did an amazing job, and all I ever felt was knots dissolving and muscles relaxing. The smells of the lotions she was using were so wonderful and natural, i felt like i hovered in a wonderful place between falling asleep from being so relaxed, and just awake enough to take in the scents and feel all my stress from work disappear. I felt the most relaxed I have in a ver long time after it was done, I couldn't help but just smile and fel how soft and smooth my skin was for the whole rest of the day. Your trip to Hana won't be complete until you have all your worries melt away in the capable hands of Carla.

I'll also mentioned that there is a Thai place right next to the spa that is phenomenal!

Visited December 2011