“Wonderful Stay in Hana”
Review of Luana Spa Retreat

Luana Spa Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Spas & Wellness in Hana
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here in the beginning of July for 2 nights. The yurt was perfect . It had everything you would need including a beautiful view. The bathhouse was great, it had a gorgeous lava stone shower with orchids. We loved eating breakfast every morning on the chairs in front of the yurt that overlooked the bay. On our last night we lit the tiki torches, listened to a great Hawaiian guitar CD (that was provided), and had a wonderful romantic dinner. While staying here we also has massages which were terrific! They definitely took any stress we were feeling away. We would highly recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank Sasha Y

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Our first night in Hana after the long drive we treated ourselves to a couple's lomilomi massage under the outdoor hale overlooking the bay. Eve and Linda were EXCELLENT and seemed to find all our fatigued muscles from a day of hiking and exploring en route to Hana. We both go to regular massages at home and they were two of the best we have ever had. A relaxing treat we would highly recommend. I think we floated back to our accommodation and slept soundly!
Luana has a yurt accommodation which looked wonderfully romantic and secluded which we will consider next time.
Also my review for Thai by Pranee which is right next door to Luana and not to be missed!

1  Thank Elljae08
Reviewed 22 October 2012

My husband and I treated ourselves to side-by-side massages in Luana Spa's Hale overlooking Hana Bay. The massages were excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed hearing the ocean and feeling the gentle breeze, but still being in a private location. We left feeling completely relaxed and happy. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Chacogreen
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My husband and I spent 2 nights in the yurt at Luana Spa. It was wonderful! Very clean. The views were beyond great, looking over Hana Bay. We left wishing we could have stayed a couple more nights.
The only bad thing about our stay was that there was a big football game one evening at the football field at the bottom of the hill from the yurt. It was one of Hana's first big games- ever. Exciting for them, but not so relaxing for us. But it didn't bother us too much.
The outdoor shower was interesting. But because it is secluded, no one can see in!
We did not cook in the yurt, so I dont know about the electric issues (tripping the breaker) that some have written about.We didn't have any problems.
As I said before, the views were WONDERFUL! We set outside for hours, just relaxing. Our last morning, it was rainy, so we set under the "hale" just listening to the waves, the rain and admiring the beauty.
I would highly recommend Luana Spa to anyone staying in Hana! Great place!

Reviewed 26 August 2012

On our honeymoon in Hana, my wife and I thought it would be fun to not only get massages, but learn how to massage each other, for when we were back home in much less tropical Ireland. We had a great teacher in linda, who had studied Lomi specifically for over a year and had been practicing for far longer. What could have sounded like a weird experience wasn't in the slightest. She was an extremely helpful and patient teacher and she would give the massage at the same time as either you or your partner so whoever was receiving the massage had 4 hands on them at any one time, really nice and relaxing!! She answered all our questions and even gave us an extra half hour for free!!! Incredible service!! Well worth the money for the experience and training, and they even throw in a bottle of free massage oil to take home with you. On top of this you get to have the massage in a beautiful setting overlooking a beach, under a traditional hawaiian thatched shade. I couldn't recommend this more. (In case you were worried, everything was completely professional, and discreet, privacy was maintained at all times....we were completely comfortable the whole time).

2  Thank Michael K