“Eat here it's great !”
Review of The Clay Oven - CLOSED

The Clay Oven
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-clay-oven-hana Fantastic little pizza place set up in Hana, Maui.
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The pizza and everything here is great. The only thing is that need to wait a long time for the pizza. This worked out fine for us because we sat at a picnic table and met other people. It was fun. If you go early, you won't need to wait as long.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Friendly staff. Delicious food. BYOB, or you can buy beverages from the neighboring drink/food stand. Outdoor seating only, so beware of the weather. I would recommend people wear insect repellent as there were a lot of bugs at dusk. Only open for dinner 2 nights a week.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

We ate at the Hana Ranch restaurant the night before and thought it wasn't great for such high prices as well service was slow. Then we went to the Thai restaurant but it closes at lunch. So we were given the Clay oven 6km out of town by the airport to get our dinner. We arrived with the dinner rush and it too 2 hours to get our pizzas...to go! When we left at 8:30 pm there were still 42 pizzas to make. Crazy! Bring food from Kahului and if you have an accommodation with a kitchen, make your own food!

1  Thank hardytrish
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I had read about the clay oven on TripAdvisor before my trip, so I knew I wanted to go there. So glad we were in Hana at a time when the Clay Oven was open. My whole family was hungry and we definately over- ordered, but everything was so wonderful. We wound up taking four pizzas back to our room and enjoying. The takeouts wrapped in banana leaves was very unique.

1  Thank MamaFrank
Reviewed 2 June 2013

These guys are only open Friday and Saturday. I think that you should plan your trip to Hana around that. I'm not kidding. If you enjoy thin crust pizza this isn't to be missed. The toppings were all fresh, local and fussed over like a new baby. The people working the oven loved what they were doing and seemed to be having a great time. If I knew that I was making you the best pizza that you'd ever eaten then I would love my job too.

We ate under a tarp in the rain. It really wouldn't have mattered where we sat or what it looked like - the pizza was too good. I'm not exaggerating. Go now. Take me with you.

Also, they really do send home leftovers with you in banana leaves. Although there really shouldn't be any leftovers, kids.

3  Thank KarliSP