“Fun and filling afternoon”
Review of ONO Organic Farms

ONO Organic Farms
Ranked #13 of 32 things to do in Hana
More attraction details
Owner description: Ono Organic Farms is a family owned and operated tropical fruit farm in Hana, Hawaii. Our family has been farming organically for over 30 years. We specialize in apple bananas, papaya, avocado, and a variety of exotic fruits including durian! Our Estate Coffee has been called "the Rolls-Royce of Hawaiian coffee, because the ride is so smooth!" Chuck grew up surfing and growing things along Maui's southern shore. He and his wife Lilly own and manage the farm with the help of numerous sons, daughters, grandkids, and apprentices. The richness and beauty of the land keep everyone happy and healthy.We sell our products at a roadside market stand in Hana, just past the gas station. Meet us there, 9 to 5, 7 days a week! We also offer Exotic Fruit Tasting Adventures at the farm, Monday through Friday at 1:30 pm by reservation. Come enjoy our Estate Coffee and an exquisite variety of fresh fruit -- fun for the whole family!
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Jared was our guide during our organic fruit tour at Ono Farms. We sampled a variety of fruits I had never heard of and learned of their history. We walked the farm and saw various trees and plants. Thank goodness I brought bug spray, I was getting bit like crazy before I put it on. Follow their directions closely, it is not well marked and easy to miss.

3  Thank kenapastore

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We were the only 2 people on the tour and we were given so many fruits to try we were glad we skipped lunch! Our guide Mitch was very knowledgable and very friendly just like everyone else we met while on Maui. We also got to try the fantastic coffee that they grow, as well as jams, spice rubs and freshly roasted cacao beans. The walking tour was great too, nibbling stuff as we went along. I would recommend this to anyone visiting Hana, but just so you know the whole thing was a couple of hours so make sure you leave the time! If you don't have time, be sure to visit their fruit stand in Hana to pick up some fabulous fruit!

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

On the tour we've sampled a variety of different kinds of fruit, most of them I've never seen or heard of in my live - let alone tasted! If you want to see and taste, what grows in Hawaii besides pineapples and bananas, go there! Also they produce an awesome coffee and show you around the farm!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

After visiting Ono Farms I was neglected in every way. Their laziness in providing basic information for living on the farm can cost you your stay. Only come here if you have a deep wallet and the supplies to sustain yourself. Please realize that your money spent here will support a corporate modeled organic culture. (whole foods)

3  Thank PaulAckerTaxis
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I'm so glad we chose to do this. Sweetsop, Durian, Jack Fruit, Dragon Fruit, and about 15 other different, exotic, and delicious fruits were all laid out for us. There were 6 of us in the group and when we got there we sat down and ate delicious fruit, drank delicious coffee, and sampled fantastic jams, butters and coconut candy, all from fruit grown on the farm and made there. Nick was our tour guide and was very knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and friendly. Besides his knowledge of fruit and horticulture, he had lots of funny stories about life "off the grid" living on the farm. Also lots of information about stores and restaurants throughout Maui who serve produce from the farm. After the tasting and talking we toured the property, fascinating! All in all I think we were there about 2 and half hours. Highly recommended.