“Easy, steep walk with great views” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fagan's Cross

Santa Cruz, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Easy, steep walk with great views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

This walk is a great addition to your day in Hana. It's fully paved and winds up a hill overlooking Hana with lots of birds...and cows! We have been coming to Hana for years and this is the first time there was an entire herd here. They were moved to this part of the ranch from wherever else they were just after new year's day and we were actually chased off the hill the first day by a protective mother cow. After that, the cows completely ignored us and we continued to enjoy the nice view from the top, from Hana Bay to Hamoa Beach. Watch your step--path can be wet and there's always evidence of cows, if you know what I mean!

Visited January 2014

• Korean first
Kodiak, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Watch out for the cows”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

We love this hike. It's beautiful and not too long to do with kids. We'd done the hike 2 years ago and upon visiting Hana again we decided to do it with our three kids 6,4, and 1( in the backpack ). When we got there the cows were close to the walkway but we thought they must be docile since there were no signs or warnings and we'd never heard of any worry about cows. So we hiked to the top and saw a lovely sunset. On our way down the cows were all congregated on the walkway , we just kept walking thinking they'd move as we got closer. One cow came running at us and stopped a few feet and started lowing and jumping in the air throwing his head around and another came up behind us doing the same! Lots of cows were runnig and throwing their heads around My baby and 4 year old were screaming in terror, we had walking sticks that I think kept them from charging and attacking us. I am so thankful we were all ok, we did not have a dog or any reason that we seemed threatening that I know of. I was so shaky and scared I wanted to cry. It IS a beautiful view and hike I just wished someone had told me about the danger of the cows before we went.

3 Thank Kodiakgirl104
Siloam Springs, Arkansas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Beautiful view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

The hike to the cross is very easy. Steep, but easy. The views of Hana from the cross are breathtaking. There are no restrooms up top, so make sure you take care of that before you begin the hike.

2 Thank Lissa J
Wailea, Hawaii
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A fun family hike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

The hike up to the cross was almost easy enough for our 2 year old and the view from the top is exceptional and beautiful, and the monument is interesting as well. I would recommend making the hike to Fagan's Cross if you are in Hana. It may also be best to go earlier in the day or later in the day, as we went around midday and it was fairly hot and made us quite sweaty.

Idaho
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A Panoramic View of Hana Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

It's a good walk uphill to the cross and the reward is the best view one can find of Hana and the surrounding coastline.

Visited September 2013

Been to Fagan's Cross? Share your experiences!