“Amazing!”

Nutcharee's Authentic Thai Food
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are relocated from Hana, Hawaii To Kihei,Hawaii. Same great food and service. Fresh local ingredients. We also have vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free choices. Now Open Tue-Sun and taking reservations.
Dallas, Texas
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Very very good, fresh, casual - friendly staff...worth a visit if you are staying or passing through Hana.

Visited November 2013

Sacramento, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow. Best restaurant in Hana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

My wife didn't like Thai food before we visited Nutcharee's but she is now a huge fan. When we visit Hana again, we're planning to eat here each day of our trip. Superb food, friendly service, and reasonably priced: hard to ask for more.

Visited September 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Excellent Thai restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Love the Thai food here, super great location near some beaches and the baseball field which is great for throwing a frisbee around or watching local baseball games.

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“What a wonderful surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

OK, let me break down some of the basics here for other travelers so hopefully they won't be confused (as we were at first).

1)It is THE Thai restaurant in town (there is only one), but it goes under two different names depending on who is cooking that day. Half the week it is Pranee, half the week it is Nutcharee. As the story goes, the two used to work together but decided to split up and do their own thing.
2)Despite #1 the menu is similar, very authentic, very fresh ingredients and absolutely delicious. The locals just call it the 'Thai place next to the ball field' and don't really split hairs so while I'm sure there might be some small debate over which they ultimately prefer, anyone who tries to tell you that one is far superior than the other... or, worse yet, that one or the other is somehow 'not good' is just flat out retarded and you can feel free to ignore them.
3)Yes, it is that open air shack on the hill next to the ball field almost right next to the school. Yes, I know it doesn't look like much but forget all that and step inside and your nose will soon tell you the truth. They have a remarkably full menu, soft-drinks and juices to drink and BYOB if you so choose.
4)They are ONLY open for lunch...I think they start around 10:30-11 AM and run til around 4:00 PM. But if you love Thai food and are staying somewhere with a kitchen where you can store food and reheat it then I highly recommend ordering lunch and dinner for later :)

OK, now on to the most important part, the food! My wife and I adore Thai food and we are fortunate to live in NYC where we have easy access to many great options for it. We've run the full gamut too, everything from hole-in-the-wall takeout joints to upscale dining to pan-Asian fusion, etc. So reading all these 4 and 5 star reviews on TripAdvisor we came into this very skeptical and expected to get a meal that was 'good for Hana' but that's about it. Talk about being pleasantly surprised though, this little shack next to the ball field in the little town of Hana could give anything I've tried before a run for it's money, it was really that good. Fantatstic flavor, fresh ingredients, super friendly staff and any of their a la carte choices they happily tailored the spice level for you (great for us because my wife likes mild-to-medium and I like medium-to-hot). Each day they offer two pre-prepared specials of the day that you can grab to go or be served immediately if you are in a hurry or choose from their menu of on demand options. I opted for their house special, the crispy red snapper with papya salad and wow, talk about delicious. What a fantastically balanced dish, you get the crisp of the fish, the heat from the peppers, the coolness of the salad, it went together perfectly.

This is a must try if you are visiting Hana, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank snoogle
Ontario, Canada
“Awesome, just awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Had the special and it was to die for.
Wish this place was closer!! Maybe I should take home the chef!
Just wish they didn't charge $2 for water.
You must go here when in the area. We liked it I think just a tad more than Parenees.

• Visited October 2013