“Best Thai Food Ever!!”

Nutcharee's Authentic Thai Food
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are relocated from Hana, Hawaii To Kihei,Hawaii. Same great food and service. Fresh local ingredients. We also have vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free choices. Now Open Tue-Sun and taking reservations.
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Best Thai Food Ever!!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

The best Thai food I've ever had :) especially the Crispy Opaka with Green Mango Salad. The Spring Rolls were crispy, hot and delicious. My friend ordered the chicken Pad Thai and it was very flavorful. This place has a friendly atmosphere where you get your own beverages from a cooler. We went at 2 pm and the place was packed so we waited over 30 minutes for our food to arrive, but it was worth the wait.

• Visited July 2014

Lynchburg, Virginia
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have to admit that I’m not an expert in Thai food, so I can’t say if Nutcharee’s Authentic Thai food lives up to its name, but I can say that it’s delicious. Really delicious. So delicious that my husband and I went twice, and on the second visit we ordered extra so we could take it home for lunch the next day. The chef makes daily specials that are holding in large chafing dishes at the front of the restaurant. As you walk in, a server opens the lid on the dishes so you can see (and smell!) them and then lets you seat yourself. On the first trip I opted for the special – fresh Ono in a green curry sauce -- and my husband (who isn’t a great fan of coconut milk) ordered the spicy fried rice with tofu. My lunch was fantastic. The green curry sauce was full of flavor with very complex tastes that blended perfectly, and the Ono itself was fresh and tender. My husband’s fried rice was also really good. On the second trip, we took my mother who had never had Thai food before in her life. Not being an adventurous eater, she first ordered the fried rice, but our waiter commented, “there are far more interesting things on the menu.” After a brief discussion, she decided on fish in ginger sauce when the waiter said they could substitute the bell peppers for carrots to suit her taste. Much to my surprise, she really enjoyed it. My husband ordered the spicy fried rice again, and we also ordered a bowl of Tom Yum soup to take home. Both were excellent. I ordered one of the two daily specials -- red curry sauce which came over rice and either freshly caught Ono or Ahi. It perhaps was not a complex as the green curry, but was still excellent. The only downside to the restaurant is that the kitchen is small and because the regular menu items are made to order, the wait to get your food can take a while when the dining room is full. I heard the wait staff telling tables that came in after us that the wait could be between 45-60 minutes. However, if you’re not in a rush, it’s worth the wait, and if you are in a hurry simply order one of the specials and you won’t have to wait at all.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank RobynSmith42
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Oh so yummy”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed near by at the Travassa and stopped by Nutcharee's twice for lunch during our stay. What a great decision. Everything that you read about this restaurant and the great food is true. We arrived at around 12:30 each day and had a bit of a wait, but it was well worth it. We had the Opakapaka salad, which is one of their specialty items and it was amazing. The fish was fresh and the dressing was delicious.
We also had the fresh fish of the day, which on both days was Mahi Mahi (one with a Panang sauce and one with a green curry). Both were very good.
The restaurant is quite rustic, but we thoroughly enjoyed the simple setting.
Because the cost of food at Travassa Hotel Hana is quite high, we brought some salads and Summer Rolls back to our room and ate these during the evening on the lanai. A definite option if you don't want to pay the high food costs at the hotel.

2 Thank Kimcarp
El Cajon, California
“Best Thai food I've ever tasted”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at TuTu's House just down the street from this restaurant. Always found parking close by. We ate here three times. Loved the Pad Thai and curry dishes, and fresly caught fish. There are two specials of the day to chose from as you enter. Quick service. Reasonable prices, around the $10. range, very good for Hawaii. They open at 10:30 am. Very popular with tourists and locals alike. Come early, come often.

Santa Clarita, California
“Take the time”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

You will not regret it. All food very fresh. A funky little spot with a kitchen in little more than hut. Everything made fresh. Once items are gone, it's off the menu. An absolute must is the red snapper salad.