“A life saver”

Ranked #4 of 11 Shopping in Hana
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Thank goodness there is a store with most all essentials necessary to get you by for a couple of days in this remote area. Many state that there are no places to get anything around Hana and to stock up before heading to the east side of Maui. That is not true. I found this to be a cool old store with many things available and a good selection of beer! Sure, its higher than elsewhere, but you drove the road to Hana, so you know its not an easy place to ship goods to. I would have given this place 5 stars, but the young dark haired lady that assisted me seemed to act like I was an inconvenience. I bought 4 items and she did not even offer a sack for them. I had to ask and she said nothing, but did sack my stuff.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We spent a week in Hana and without this store, I don't know what we would have done. They have everything from nails to glue, steak to bread, movies to rent and oil for your car. It truly is a general store that has it all. There is lots of history on this store so I won't get into that, but the owners know everything there is to know about the area and they are always happy to help and chew the rag. They have great coffee you can buy fresh in the bag or brewed to go. A gallon of milk is $5, but it's Maui (Hana to boot) so don't complain!

1  Thank GreatWhiteMN
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stopped in to get some items for breakfast and dinner. The prices were comparable to our home grocery in the DC area. Plenty of variety and pleasant employees.

1  Thank gokathymac
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Why is this even an "attraction?" It's a very crowded, very run down rural store with extremely high prices--even for Maui. While the clerk was friendly, there's nothing much to see here. We had brought most of our groceries with us--paid about four times the "city" price for the one thing we'd forgotten. OK--they need to make a living--but really, it's not something you "have to see."

1  Thank CoolerNearTheLake
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This is the only place in the town of Hana, Maui that sells household, food, everyday items. A small store with a tin roof, it is unbelievable that so much is packed in there, from fruits/vegetables, cleaning supplies, boxed/canned foods and frozen ones, drinks, souvenir items, packaged food and prepared sandwiches. There are not much choices but they are available.
Probably the only place to pick up some quick food on the go besides Tutu's Snack Bar or Bruddah'a Blue Truck (was closed when we were there). Luckily there was Hasegawa's!

1  Thank karenpammy2016