“Excellent!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hana
Bamboo Inn on Hana Bay
Ranked #2 of 9 Hana B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The best place to stay in Hana!. The bungalow is super nice with an amazing view to the beach. Also is very well located, the breakfast is very good and the owner, John gives an excellent service. I recommend you to watch the sunrise and sunset from the balcony, majestic!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chivi G

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

If you go to Maui, you want to spend at least a night, we stayed two, in Hana. If I were going back I would seriously consider staying my whole vacation here. Theres no glamorous facility with a pool side bar, no 5 star restaurants, no fashion shops, only a little slice of heaven on earth. Our room had one of the most spectacular views imaginable by man. The hot tub on the patio was a great place to enjoy it. It had a comfortable bed and tons of character, with a kitchenette and an outdoor grill so we could cook our own dinner. That said, there are some downsides that should be known going in that I think could be resolved by the owner. I'm going to discuss them so that you can make your own decision, but I have to stress, I recommend a stay here!

1. Plumbing - it didn't affect me, because it all went below our room, but the plumbing is bad. Our hot tub all but drained directly on to the ground below us. Our outdoor shower (only in Honu sweet and it states it on the website.) Didn't even have a drain pipe, just went through the grate onto the ground below. Toilet and sinks were all fine.
2. Minor ant issue - we left a little food out overnight, we had some ants in the morning. Second night, no food, no problem.
3. The grill was gross - I cooked on foil, but there was a dirty spatula out, the grate had old food on it, and there were old grill grates in the tree. That area needs a deep clean.

These seem like pretty big quirks, I know, and I've stayed at some of the nicest hotels in the country that have none of these issues, but I have to recommend it. Our stay in Hana was amazing, and this is a great place to spend it!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Matt H
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Matt H
Reviewed 4 August 2013

After two nights at this inn I am once again reminded that Hawaii still does have its charm, tradition and natural beauty in tact. I love this place...all the details are thought of without going overboard. The best bathtub ever...out on the deck looking over the beautiful quiet black beach. Thank you John for a tranquil and memorable stay!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

We by chance ran into this place while in hana and were so happy with the view, room, owner, location, cleanliness and even the complimentary pastries in the morning were great! The price was good for the accomodations. I just cannot stress enough how enjoyable and comfortable our stay here was! Everyone travelling through hana should stay here for a night to experience this gem!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 11 June 2013

What a beautiful B&B! I agree with all of the great reviews. We spent 3 nights here. The rooms were just renovated. Great Hawaiian tropical furniture, very comfortable bed, spa tub, and that view! We fell asleep to the waves crashing on the beach and awoke to the beautiful sunrise. Our unit was a studio with cable TV, kitchenette- double hot plate, small refrigerator with freezer, large toaster oven, coffee maker,(coffee and filters provided) all dishes and utensils, blender... everything we needed to make our meals. Free internet is provided in the outdoor palapa only. We enjoyed the private balcony and the tropical grounds surrounding the 3 units. A continental breakfast was provided daily. This B&B is walking distance to the town. The owner, John, is super friendly. Such a lovely stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bethslar
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We stayed at the Bamboo Inn for 2 nights April 10th and 11th in the Iwa suite located on the 2nd floor above the Hanu suite. We absolutely loved the gorgeous ocean front views from this upstairs balcony. In my opinion, the Iwa would offer slightly better views than the downstairs Hanu and is less obstructed by palm trees than the Nai'a 2 story suite. Hana is not to be missed, and when you go, I highly recommend a stay at the Bamboo Innl! This is very very good value compared to other places in Hana. Everything was spotless inside. While the fridge/freezer were small, in my opinion, it was just right for 3 days of food storage. Others have posted about ants being a problem. You are in the tropics people. I have lived in the tropics in Queensland Australia. If you leave crumbs around or food out, you will have ants so simple answer - clean up and keep food in the fridge and pantry. The bed is uber, uber comfortable with nice linens. The bathroom is spacious with extra large jacuzzy tub. Privacy was never an issue. Relaxing on the lanai was fantastic with no issues with privacy either. John the owner is very responsive and provided a delicious breakfast with fresh tropical fruit and delicious croissants each day. I will definitely plan on spending more time in Hana on my next trip to Maui and will not stay any place else beside the Bamboo Inn. Mahalo John!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hillkokonis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hana
Travaasa Hana, Maui
Old Wailuku Inn at Ulupono
The Plantation Inn
The Plantation Inn
#1 of 11 in Lahaina

Been to Bamboo Inn on Hana Bay? Share your experiences!