“The real Mauii”

US$129.16*
and up
East Maui Waterfalls and Rainforest Hike
More attraction details
Owner description: Swim beneath waterfalls, hike through rain forests & Haleakala Crater with a renowned naturalist. Kayak and snorkel on colorful reefs attended by Maui's most knowledgeable and personable guides. Awarded Hawaii EcoTourism Assoc. 2010 Operator of the Year, Hike Maui has received countless raves for guided hiking tours on the island of Maui since 1983. Hike with guides recognized for their knowledge of Hawaii's natural environment and culture, and who lead with aloha and safety consciousness. They'll immerse you in the beauty of nature, engage you throughout the tour and inspire you to expand your boundaries of fun. Hike Maui is the oldest hiking tour company on the island, and the only one with permits to conduct tours in the national park and on all state hiking trails as well as some private trails. Ask about hotel pickup; book online and save 10%.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Newcastle, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The real Mauii”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were fortunate to have Kate as our exclusive guide on this trip. When I saw all the other buses arrive at our starting point I was dissapointed however they organise themselves so you do not overlap on the trails. It was everything I wanted to see and do including jumping into the waterfall. Kate was very informative not only on the trail but to and from our pickup.

Glen Allen
“Best excursion ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was by far the BEST excursion/tour our family of six has ever taken! Dawn was our guide and she was phenomenal!! Personable, knowledgeable, lots of fun and she ensured that each member of our tour group of twelve had an awesome time! Jumped off waterfall cliffs, learned much about vegetation native to Maui (even samples some of the deliciousness). We were all extremely happy with Dawn and the hike!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Foster City, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Erik is an awesome tour guide, and this is a GREAT outing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Was looking for some hiking to do while on Maui, and my hotel concierge suggested Hike Maui. I went today and am so glad to have taken their suggestion. We hiked a number of the waterfalls, left at 8am and back by 3pm, and got to see a lot of natural Maui. Even better was the tour guide, Erik. Honestly could not have asked for a better guide. He was not only friendly, engaging, and a wicked sense of humor, but also deeply knowledgeable about the island - learned so much from him. And he also did a great job of forging cohesiveness among the group, which made for a more fun experience. If you want to get out and hike Maui, do some swimming, meet interesting people, and get great pictures - this is absolutely the company to select.

2 Thank Dotchcom
Robbinsville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Erik is the Man!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I had a blast on the rainforest hike with Erik. I thought my parents were dragging me on another "fun activity", but this really was fun. I jumped off the waterfalls so many times. If I was ever on Dual survival, I'd do it with Erik because he can make clothes out of leaves and knows what plants to eat. And I forgot my iTouch on the van at the end ... Erik dropped it off for me at my hotel.

1 Thank PeteMav
Richmond, Virginia, United States
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“The Hike of a Lifetime!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hike through the rain forest of Maui was an experience we will never forget! Lead by an entertaining, educational and efficient guide named Kelly, we tasted edible wild plants, swam under waterfalls and leaped 25-30 feet into waterfalls!! She was an outstanding guide...... very attentive and sensitive to the individuals in our group. We highly recommend that you contatc Hike Maui...... and ask for Kelly.