“Kiteboarding at Kitebeach, Maui”
Review of Action Sports Maui

US$85.00*
Semi-Private Surf Lessons on Maui South Shore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Action Sports Maui is a full service kite, surf, windsurf and SUP lesson, rental and retail center. We have beach side rental locations on the North and South Shore of Maui. Please visit our friendly staff for assistance with lessons of any level as well as rental and retail equipment!
Toronto, Canada
“Kiteboarding at Kitebeach, Maui”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I took a couple lessons in early June through Action Sports with Jason at kiteboard beach. Jason is an amazing instructor. I was extremely impressed, and learned a lot. Maui overall is absolutely amazing but kiteboarding lessons was definitely the highlight of my trip, and hopefully I'll be able to get back there one day soon. Thank you Action Sports for a great time :)

Visited June 2013
ActionSports, Manager at Action Sports Maui, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Aloha Josh,
Thank you for the great review! We hope to see you back on Maui. Maui is windy year round so please keep in touch and we look forward to kiting with you soon.
Mahalo!

Pearland, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Windsurfing beginner”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My family and I took a windsurfing lesson in June 2013 and had a good time. The instructor was good and really helped my son get a feel for how to handle the board. My wife and I had a more difficult time and after about two hours we were ready to be finished. I enjoyed getting on the board and sailing out but struggled with some of the basics like turning. This is a great sport if your are young and in shape but can take a lot out of you if you're older. We still had a lot of fun and laugh about the experience. You need more than one lesson if you're body can take it. Go in the morning when wind is not as strong. Once the wind starts to pick up it gets more difficult.

Get good directions for getting to this beach, it's in a strange spot by the airport. You have to back all the way through the airport like you're returning your rental car. The sign to the beach is very small and easy to miss.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank John T
Fairfax, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great fun with a great instructor!”
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

My friend and I wanted to go surfing. We called last minute and there was still availability!

We arrived early and found free street parking right next to the place. (There's also free parking in the park about 1/2 a block away.

It's a very small place. You check in at the desk and are fitted with water shoes (a must) and a rash guard. If you have bags or valuables they will hold them for you.

You meet your instructor there. We had Felipe from Brazil. He was friendly and fun.
We then walked down across the street to a park where our surfboards were. We put them on the grass and did a little practice surfing. Maybe 10 minutes later we headed down to the water.

The water is never deeper than 4' or so. We paddled out and he helped us with picking waves to hit. He gave us pointers and tips the whole time. You could tell he was having a lot of fun. He was cheering us on the whole time! I wish it was longer than 2 hours!

After the 2 hours we walked back to the shack to return all of our stuff and were able to take a few pics with our boards.

Don't forget to put sun screen on the back of your calfs! (I forgot and regretted it!)

I HIGHLY recommend this place. You'll have a lot of fun.

(An maui taco down the street was great for lunch after!)

Aloha!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Thayer123abc
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Kiteboarding Lesson at Kitebeach, Maui”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

While in Maui I wanted to take a kiteboarding lesson. I did a little research and decided on Action Sports Maui. I had taken some lessons prior to coming to Maui and wanted to refresh my skills and take one step closer to being able to kite on my own. My lesson was with Martin Verrastro. Martin and I spoke at the beginning of our lesson and he quickly gauged what my experience level was and laid out what we were going to work on during the lesson and what I needed to demonstrate before moving on to subsequent levels of difficulty. The conditions in Maui were far more difficult than those I had had experienced during my first round of lessons in Key West. Martin was very clear with his instructions and was hands on during the land component and also was able to work with me in the water. Overall, I was very pleased with my lesson and I would certainly recommend Action Sports Maui and specifically Martin if you are in the area and interested in learning how to kite.

Visited February 2013
6 Thank spevick
Hood River, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent Kiteboarding Lesson!”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

It you want to learn to Kiteboard, Maui is one of the most exciting places to learn. And Action Sports Maui's Martin Varrastro made the day exactly what I had hoped for. Martin has clearly been kiting and teaching for a long time. He shapes the lesson to your ability, working with you in the watar and on the beach to help you progress safely, and as quickly as possible. If you are ready to learn to Kiteboard on Maui, be sure to give Action Sports Maui a call.

Visited February 2013