“Slow, inefficient.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Sammy's Beach Bar & Grill
Ranked #88 of 147 Restaurants in Kahului
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Everett, Washington
“Slow, inefficient.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

So this was the last dinner at the airport before going back home. We had two hours, so we thought we had a plenty of time. At 7 pm, we entered the restaurant and sat. 7:15pm a waitress asked what we wanted to drink, we wanted two glasses of water. The water showed up 5 minutes later (seems like eternity), the waitress took our order. One of the order was fish burger. She asked how we would like our fish burger cooked (!?). Does't fish burger need to be well done since it's not like eating sashimi in the bun. To make the long story short, 30 minutes later, we asked the waitress where our food was since we could see it sitting on the kitchen counter for a long, long, time. The fish burger was not cooked (inside was completely raw), my shrimp taco was soggy since it sat at the kitchen counter, who knows how long. The waitress dropped the fork, she didn't bring the fork right away, took two or three more orders before bringing us one fork. By then I had to asked for the manager. The manager apologized and she promised the fish will be cooked again. Another 5 to 10 minutes go by, by then, we had enough. I told the waitress I will pay for the shrimp taco (19.99 plus tax for two little tacos), forget the fish burger. We left and my boyfriend decided to get pizza next door. The manager ran with the cooked burger at 8 pm just before we ordered the pizza. We had to board the plane at 8:15pm. This story is real. Please watch your time if you want to eat here. Inexperienced waitress, slow service, kind of expensive.

• Visited April 2014

Lakewood, Washington, USA
“Loco Moco Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a bite before catching plane home. I had the best Loco Moco of my trip. Friendly service and good holding area. Pricey but worth it. Give it a go!

1 Thank Surfpinky
Palmer, Alaska, United States
“slow, rude, rotten, over priced.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

While waiting for our flight we decided to grab a bite and drink. After waiting for at least 15 min for a waitress to take our drink order, we were greeted by a very rude employee. While asking about their options you could tell she was very annoyed. I figured I had better order some food while I had her attention. I ordered the nearly 17 dollar pork sandwich. When it finally came it was soaking wet. Not like moist Maui pork sandwich wet. Like just thawed this salty meat out under a hot faucet wet. It was terrible. The coleslaw was rotten. It smelled so terrible and was really warm. I do not recommend this place.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kelowna, Canada
“Bring your wallet”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

One thing about this airport is you're rather captive. Sammy's is pretty much the only place we could find so that's where we went. Service was okay. But we should have known when there weren't any prices on the drink menu that we were in trouble. I had a very good chi-chi, one other had an okay mai-tai. My husband had a beer and my in-laws each had a glass of wine. The first three were charged at a rate I can understand and almost expect, especially in an airport. However, the wine was an astronomical price. $18.50 for one glass of wine! You can by several bottles of decent wine for that price. No one wonder they don't show the prices. They're ashamed of how they're going to gouge you. I think if we ever go back to Maui we'll likely steer clear of here.

• Visited February 2014
Hot Springs Village, AR
“Prettiest Mai Tai on Maui”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

This was our last taste of Mai Tais before we made our final judgment on our unofficial Maui's Best Mai Tai contest. It was excellent, not the best one, but excellent, and definitely the prettiest one. I had a salad, can't remember it's name, but it was very good. I ordered lump crab to be added, not sure I'd call it that, it seemed more like crab from a can on top. The salad had black beans and corn on it was some form of an avocado dressing. The prices are pretty high, but this is an airport, what do you expect?! But since we were going to be on a long flight, this was actually cheaper and better food that what we would have had on the plane.

Visited January 2014