“Very nice tour”

Sunshine Helicopters Maui
Ranked #11 of 34 Tours in Kahului
More attraction details
Owner description: In an industry that demands the best Sunshine Helicopters delivers! We are the only company on Maui offering customers the ability to pre-book "First Class" front-row seating and the choice of two High-Tech helicopters: 1. Fly the New-Generation EC130 Whisper STAR, outfitted with all the latest technology and roomy cabin for 6 passengers. 2. Eco-friendly AS350 FX STAR, upgraded with the more powerful and quieter Honeywell Turbine engines, burning 10-15% less fuel than our competitors, allowing Sunshine to pass on a tremendous amount of savings to our guests. The fleet of helicopters are fully equipped with emergency pop-out floats for safety, air-conditioning, pilot-to-pax intercom and a 3-camera Sky-Cam Video system recording your actual tour.Sunshine Helicopters is a FAA Part 135 Air Carrier and Tour Operator Program of Safety (TOPS) Certified. Most of our pilots are former Flight Instructors of the top aviation schools in the nation or highly skilled military veterans. Your safety is our #1 priority!
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We originally planned to tour the crater but the clouds change that. We opted to see Molokai. I have never ridden on a helicopter. The turbulence was a little tough for me. I did enjoy the tour and the pilot had calming voice that really helped. I am not sure I would do it again only because of the somewhat bumpy ride.

1  Thank Belterish

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Our family of four went for a helicopter ride. We had never done it before.. I'm scared of heights.. But have to say this was absolutely the best thing I ever done! Our pilot Clayton was calm, knowledgable and a great pilot. Great views of the valley and waterfalls. We seemed so close you could touch them. My whole family enjoyed it!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My new husband and I have always wanted to do a a helicopter ride, and decided that if we were going to splurge, this was the best time to do it, and we are definitely glad that we did. Sunshine was super accommodating, and even upgraded our trip to the West Maui/Molokai excursion when the weather was to bad to do Hana/Upcountry. We were super pleased with our pilot Ian, and everything that he was able to show us! I have never been in such awe of so many beautiful places.

This is a Maui MUST DO!!!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I've flown on other helicopter tours in Hawaii, and this was the best so far. Very professional, they don't treat you like a tourist, and our pilot, Pete, was professional, knowledgeable, and we weren't stuck listening to any corny jokes or useless banter (which I think is just an insult to anyone with basic intelligence). We just got a lot of neat info and history about what we were seeing.

Great smooth flying and an all around great experience. We spent a bit extra to sit up front - not crucial on the Whisper Class with its wrap around windows - but we think it was worth it anyway. Sunshine Helicopters is very much a class operation and I would fly with them again.

1  Thank Randy S
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This 2 hour trip takes you over the volcanoes for a peek into the calderas and then over to the Hilo side for waterfall views. Really remarkable views of the differences in the island topography from massive lava fields to lush forrest and jungles. Pay a little extra to sit in the front seats.