“Great family outing!”

Sunshine Helicopters Maui
Ranked #10 of 34 Tours in Kahului
More attraction details
Owner description: In an industry that demands the best Sunshine Helicopters delivers! We are the only company on Maui offering customers the ability to pre-book "First Class" front-row seating and the choice of two High-Tech helicopters: 1. Fly the New-Generation EC130 Whisper STAR, outfitted with all the latest technology and roomy cabin for 6 passengers. 2. Eco-friendly AS350 FX STAR, upgraded with the more powerful and quieter Honeywell Turbine engines, burning 10-15% less fuel than our competitors, allowing Sunshine to pass on a tremendous amount of savings to our guests. The fleet of helicopters are fully equipped with emergency pop-out floats for safety, air-conditioning, pilot-to-pax intercom and a 3-camera Sky-Cam Video system recording your actual tour.Sunshine Helicopters is a FAA Part 135 Air Carrier and Tour Operator Program of Safety (TOPS) Certified. Most of our pilots are former Flight Instructors of the top aviation schools in the nation or highly skilled military veterans. Your safety is our #1 priority!
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We had a great time as this was our first helicopter tour...went with hubby, teenager and 8 yr old and everyone loved it! Was nervous about getting motion sickness but it wasn't an issue. Our pilot was Ian, and he was extremely knowledgable and friendly! We booked through Boss Frog's the day before and was able to secure an 8am time...overall we felt it was worth the $$.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Such an amazing experience! Our pilot, Ian was very informative and friendly. We saw some amazing sights that can only be experience by air. The helicopters seat 6 passengers (other than the pilot), which makes for a more intimate experience. 4-point seat belts and life jackets are strapped to you, which made me feel very, very safe. I would recommend booking your tour as soon as you arrive on the island, because the weather can change at any moment. Sometimes even if it is just a cloudy day, the tours can be cancelled. Book early so that if your tour gets cancelled, you can re-book before you leave the island! Definitely worth the price (visited the Haleakala Crater and Hana region). Would recommend to others!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We originally planned to tour the crater but the clouds change that. We opted to see Molokai. I have never ridden on a helicopter. The turbulence was a little tough for me. I did enjoy the tour and the pilot had calming voice that really helped. I am not sure I would do it again only because of the somewhat bumpy ride.

1  Thank Belterish
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Our family of four went for a helicopter ride. We had never done it before.. I'm scared of heights.. But have to say this was absolutely the best thing I ever done! Our pilot Clayton was calm, knowledgable and a great pilot. Great views of the valley and waterfalls. We seemed so close you could touch them. My whole family enjoyed it!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My new husband and I have always wanted to do a a helicopter ride, and decided that if we were going to splurge, this was the best time to do it, and we are definitely glad that we did. Sunshine was super accommodating, and even upgraded our trip to the West Maui/Molokai excursion when the weather was to bad to do Hana/Upcountry. We were super pleased with our pilot Ian, and everything that he was able to show us! I have never been in such awe of so many beautiful places.

This is a Maui MUST DO!!!