“No frills hotel - great for 1 night .”
Review of Maui Seaside Hotel

Maui Seaside Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kahului
“No frills hotel - great for 1 night .”
Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed here because nothing was available in our price range 4 months prior to our trip . This hotel is small , outdated but still has an ocean view, close to airport. Also close to loading dock, tugboats , motorcycles and road noise . 5 steps from the ocean but not a view of sunset or sunrise . Breakfast came w our rate & that was good. Staff was helpful in finding us a room w a king bed not 2 queens ( it was our honeymoon & we asked for a king but were given a second floor room in the tower building behind the pool view rooms - not pretty at all! Overlooks the cruise ship dock ) you will need a rental car to go see the beautiful beaches in Maui or take the bus. Still, it is Maui & it is beautiful here! Book the hotel or b n b or time share you really want at least 6 or more months ahead ! Good luck & Aloha!!!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank TeamKrason

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
St. George, Utah
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I just completed my 3rd stay at the Maui Seaside hotel in the past year. The hotel is nothing fancy, but it is clean and the staff is friendly. Our room had air conditioning and a ceiling fan which kept it comfortable. The hotel sits right on the coast and has access to a sandy beach which we enjoyed walking on in the evenings. They have a nice pool which was a bit on the cold side. Their open air lobby offers 2 apple computers for guest use. My only complaint is the parking situation. They do charge $5/day for parking, and the lot is always full and it can be hard to find a parking space later in the evening. This was my 3rd stay here and I will stay here again in the future. Overall I would recommend this hotel as a reasonably priced option for budget minded travelers!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank BankerBoy414
West Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We had a very pleasant stay in this hotel. Very friendly staff at the reception and in the restaurant. The room was clean and we were happy with the free breakfast. There was even a surprise birthday cake for our son who came over from another accommodation to join us for breakfast. A very good place to stay and we would book this hotel again on another occassion!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Annelies777
Vancouver B.C. Canada
Reviewed 1 March 2013

My wife and I stayed at the maui Seaside for a 1-night stopover on the way to Hilo. It had a "motel" feel to it (as opposed to a resort hotel), but was well-maintained, and the rooms surrounded a large grassy area and pool. It also has a beach.
It was just an $11 cab fare from the airport (I note that another review said they offer free shuttle service). The included breakfast was fine, in their own restaurant.
We would not have chosen this as a destination hotel, but it was clear that many (mostly families) did, and no doubt enjoyed their stay.
The location, while close to the airport (and malls with shopping) is in an area looking no different (nor more interesting) than a similar location in any American town.
For us, great for a quick overnight stay - but not more than that.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Donalda W
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 28 February 2013

This hotel is set near the Airport and very easy to find. While the outer buildings show some age, the room itself was large and bright. We had an Ocean view/Mountain view and it was perfect. The rear of the hotel is on the water and the view is great. Hotel is well run, kept clean and the staff is very friendly. I am glad I chose this place to stay...it is a true gem.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view, overlooks the mountains and the water.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sharon G
Petaluma, California, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Last time I was in Maui I drove everywhere and put on over 800 miles. This time we drove every where and it was 632 miles. I attribute this to being at the maui Seaside hotel and not Waaaay over in Kaanapali.
Three of us stayed a week here and loved it and would stay here again in a flash!
Easy walking distance to two shopping centers and many restaurants, not to mention a nice Local food restaurant right on site. the airport is close by ant the Hotel offered free pick up.
Un fortunately the hotel has decided to charge for parking BUT they also offer a free parking lot right next door and as easy walking to from here as it is in the pay $5 per night area.
The Hotel is right on the beach in the harbor and next to a state park. Great swimming pool and lawn area, all freshly painted. They offer up graded rooms as well as basic so you can partake in the type of room you want by paying accordingly. Clean, neat and very frendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I go basic my self, but you can have upper scale rooms here if you need.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Barry L
Hinsdale, Illinois
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We recently visited Maui for a teaching interview for my wife.My local friend told me that this hotel was owned by Hawaiians. However my son,my mother and I stayed at this hotel back in 2009 and thought it was horrible. So this time around I braced my wife and said not to expect anything nice, and that we were staying here simply because it was close to her interview. Holy cow!! (as my friend Harry Carey would say)It was fantastic !!! It was clean,fresh, and easy to get in and out of. It was close to everything and I recommend this hotel to everyone for a first day or two on the island to get supplies so you are not paying up at resorts on little items or drinks or beach chairs and Hawaiian towels or Hawaiian shirts.This place was close to Big-Kmart, wal-mart and costco. Before we left I went out of my way to find the manager and relate my findings of my stay here. He informed me the hotel had been renovating rooms for the last two years. Mahalo for a wonderful stay,job well done!!!

Room Tip: First floor was nice and simple to get in and out. We didn't care if we had a view because we we...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
10 Thank howzitbruddah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kahului
Maui Beach Hotel
#30 of 32 in Lahaina
Aston at Papakea Resort
Aston at Papakea Resort
#26 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Maui Seaside Hotel? Share your experiences!