1,195 results
All reviews close to the airport attached restaurant minutes from the airport kahului airport older hotel convenient location small beach nice pool on site restaurant per night ceiling fan small fridge road to hana coffee maker west side maui grounds
Reviewed 22 April 2004

If you are looking to plant your butt on the hotel grounds and not actually experience the island, don't stay here. Kahului is a real town, not a tourist oasis, so you will run into *GASP* real Hawaiians here, and the hotel is no exception. The room was small, but it was clean, and for the most part we spent little time in it, anyway. Think of it as going camping, and the room is your tent : a place to leave your stuff while you are outside doing other things. The place is central to the whole island (Lahaina, Hana, and Kihei are about equidistant from this location), so if you are smart and rent a car it is a great home base. The parking lot could use some revising (bigger spaces, for one), and it's not that quiet, but nothing bad happened regarding the room. Vi's restaraunt isn't the best, but the breakfast will get you started in the morning just fine.

10  Thank Journey36307
Reviewed 12 February 2004

Upon arriving in Maui at midnight we stayed here for one evening prior to departing to Wailea. Keep your expectations very low and it will be bearable. Relative to other Maui hotels, it is not even worth the $85 that we paid. The only positive comment that I could muster is that we did not see any insects in our room. I expect that you would have to have very low standards to be pleased with these accommodations.

• Stayed: January 2005
11  Thank Canadian-Beagle
Reviewed 19 January 2004

This is not like the Seaside in Kona. Rundown facility and the parking is terrible. The only thing going for this hotel is the sound of the surf that will lull you to sleep at night.

• Stayed: December 2003
5  Thank SLE53
Reviewed 18 January 2004

I was looking on the internet for the least expensive place to stay on Maui and this is what I found. I don't know if it is but... I just returned home to Oahu and I think I got what I expected there. I do wish that they had supplied at least small bottles of shampoo and lotion though. Also, the parking is free but limited. If you are returning to your room at night you may not find a parking spot. I also wish the parking stalls were wider. Most times I had to have my companion get out of the car before I could park. I got to stay in the poolside rooms and I liked it. As long as you don't expect too much you will be pleased with the hotel because the staff is very friendly and the location is near the airport. If you are staying on maui, you should not be spending much time in your room anyway! There is so much to see and do! For the price I paid, you could get a better room in Waikiki but for Maui, where everything costs a bit more, it was fine.

• Stayed: January 2004