“Convenient money saver and location”
Review of Maui Seaside Hotel

Maui Seaside Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kahului
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The hotel room, grounds and level of customer service exceeded my expectations. The rate was decent for not being a resort and I was surprised at how convenient the location was to the major highways, shopping centers and a Whole Foods! For a frequent business traveler like me, these are bonuses. The bed was comfy and above all, the staff and housekeeping's local and helpful demeanor always made me smile. I only stayed one night, but they made a lasting impression on me.

Room Tip: Most people avoid rooms by pools because of fear of noise, ask for the deluxe by the pool because it...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank charley k

Reviewed 5 August 2014

It's rather old, but clean. Rooms are not huge but have everything you need. Aircon is old an unfortunately quite loud. Staff is very friendly. Pool area is great! They porvide free airport shuttle service from hotel to airport, which is fantastic! Main deficit for me was the smell of old carpets in the stairways and corridors. They should really do something about that!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank tocaSwiss
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here our first night in Maui as we arrived around 4 PM and were going to Hana the next day. It did not make sense to pay for a pricey resort that first night (we just fell asleep anyways). For $100+ on the mainland in most areas you can stay at a Hampton Inn, Marriott Courtyard, Aloft, etc. They're modern, cookie cutter, and easy choices. You don't really have those options on Maui--certainly not for $100ish per night. This motel is a Hawaiian chain and a blast from the past. It is fine for 1 night. I could not do more than 2 there. The halls feel "damp" and something tells me the land is worth more than the hotel. But it's clean, close to Costco and the airport, and it's good for simply sleeping. The bed was fine and rooms are large. The parking is limited, is extra, and the spaces are teeny tiny. This motel felt safe with its perimeter fences being locked during the night. We arrived from the mainland, got our car, checked in, and went to Costco. We had dinner at Costco, bought food for the next 2 days, filled up our cooler from the hallway ice machine at the motel, and passed out. Around 5 am, we were up, showered and by 5:45 AM we were on the road headed to Hana. Because we were by the airport, the trip was much shorter. We were frequently alone on Hana Hwy and stayed overnight in Hana. For our family, staying here in a clean and safe location was worth the money saved. We spent it on the convertible instead and it was worth it.

Room Tip: Our room facing in the inside of the hotel courtyard was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank farfalla818
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This Seaside Hotel is in a quiet location - close to the airport, bus depot & super market. It's not 'the Ritz' but that is reflective in the pricing. Has a pool & the major bus stop is at the Queens Shopping Centre 2 minutes walk away - $4 ticket will get you an all day bus ride - hop on hop off. After day 1 we decided to hire a car - parking incurs a $5 charge at the hotel. Cabbie 'scoffed' at me when we arrived & I announced the Seaside Hotel - he replies..."You miss your plane boss..?' So in short this hotel is a little tired - has a bad rap maybe - but provides great value in the Deluxe Rooms (3011 is cool). Why spend heaps on a hotel when all you require is the room be clean, spacious, have a fridge (for your beers/wines/crab), shower/dunny and a cool pool. I recommend the crab - purchased in the supermarket to the left across the road. This hotel has all you need - and leaves some cash in your Maui travel budget.

Room Tip: Go for the Deluxe room - the 3rd floor with the western mountain outlook worked for me.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SpreytonFawky
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Property developers should be considering this site for redevelopment. The hotel is old and the customer service is terrible. Expect that it is mainly used for one night stays before jumping on an early flight, but it was terrible. Staff attitude may reflect the fact they don't expect return customers, but next time I'd get up earlier and drive round from the condo.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BWestlake
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and the hotel staff was friendly. I liked the view of the sea and the easy access to it. The yards of the hotel were nice and well kept. We booked this hotel last minute on our flight into Maui and even the gentleman at the rental car facility said it was nice for the price. It is not five star...but it was relaxing. I would stay here again!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BnardP
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Although they couldn't really help me come up with last minute things to do, the staff was always friendly and accommodating. I'm a little confused as to why the room had an air conditioner in the room, because it clearly didn't work, but I didn't go to Hawaii to sit in a hotel room, and be spoiled by the cable television, and low prices!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank space_face_caseY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kahului
Maui Beach Hotel
#30 of 32 in Lahaina
Aston at Papakea Resort
Aston at Papakea Resort
#26 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Maui Seaside Hotel? Share your experiences!