1,195 results
All reviews close to the airport attached restaurant minutes from the airport kahului airport older hotel convenient location small beach nice pool on site restaurant per night ceiling fan small fridge road to hana coffee maker west side maui grounds
Reviewed 9 August 2004

I did not stay at the Seaside but stayed at the Maui Beach hotel in Wailuku, which is similar and also below my standards, but......
If you are going to travel be realistic. Don't be surprised at finding cockroaches and geckos in Hawaii. If you want a nice room for under a $100 go to Waikiki. This is Maui - where a 1920's bungalow in Kahului sells for more than half a million dollars. You can't go cheap on Maui and expect a resort. The main tourist areas are Kihei to Wailea and Lahaina to Kapalua. What were you doing in Kahului - its where the real people live. The most interesting parts of Maui are off the beaten path which most tourists will never experience.

15  Thank Mauigirl808
Reviewed 5 August 2004

DO NOT STAY HERE!

We stayed at this hotel because the reviews on this site didn't throw up any red flags. Unfortunately, when we returned from a day of sightseeing we were welcomed by a salamander (or chameleon?) on the bathroom sink. A cockroach interrupted my fiances shower and the next morning there were baby cockroaches crawling on the furniture and our bags!

Consider yourself warned!

6  Thank plnsmn44
Reviewed 19 May 2004

It is almost comical reading the above mentioned reviews-Cmon folks what did you expect when booking at this location? ( okay I will give you the name of the hotel does have the resort feel to it)However when doing your homework it is clear this hotel is a base before starting your vacation and that is what we did - as our plane arrived in Maui at 8.00pm complicate that with a 10 y.o.,a 5 hr time difference a 45 minute drive to resort we were staying at and jet lag I wanted a place close to OGG to rest the night.As hotel is 5 miles from airport and knowing we would be jet lagged etc I didnt feel like dishing out the $240.00 for my first night in Maui.The HOTEL is on the old side and yes rooms are very small but I will say staff are great the grounds are spotless and our ROOM was VERY Very CLEAN and COZY- Nice sounds of the waves put us to sleep. In the morning thier was a brief rain shower and as soon as it stopped 4 staff memebers were out by the pool area drying off the lounge chairs- BY 11.00am we were refreshed from a good nights sleep and my pocket book felt good b/c i only spent 85.00 fopr the room ( good buy comsidering we all crashed within 20 mins of putting our head down on the pillow)We spent 8 days at our resort in Kanapalli and on the last day we checked in again at the Seaside(due to 11.45pm flight) We did the beach and used the hotel to freshen up in b/f heading to the airport-

14  Thank Camper842
Reviewed 19 May 2004

This hotel is good for a cheap, short stay. I wouldn't recomend a "vacation" here. No beaches very near by, rooms are clean and fine, but nothing extra, pool area was good, but not the "Maui" experience. I do have to say that the front desk staff was the most genuinely nicest group I have EVER interacted with at a hotel. I WOULD recomend a stay here if you need a place to stay for one or two nights at the most, it is just an affordable place to sleep, no real "vacation" feel to the place.

7  Thank Inspiration10635
Reviewed 22 April 2004

If you are looking to plant your butt on the hotel grounds and not actually experience the island, don't stay here. Kahului is a real town, not a tourist oasis, so you will run into *GASP* real Hawaiians here, and the hotel is no exception. The room was small, but it was clean, and for the most part we spent little time in it, anyway. Think of it as going camping, and the room is your tent : a place to leave your stuff while you are outside doing other things. The place is central to the whole island (Lahaina, Hana, and Kihei are about equidistant from this location), so if you are smart and rent a car it is a great home base. The parking lot could use some revising (bigger spaces, for one), and it's not that quiet, but nothing bad happened regarding the room. Vi's restaraunt isn't the best, but the breakfast will get you started in the morning just fine.

10  Thank Journey36307