1,191 results
All reviewsclose to the airportattached restaurantminutes from the airportkahului airportolder hotelconvenient locationsmall beachnice poolon site restaurantper nightceiling fansmall fridgeroad to hanacoffee makerwest sidemauigrounds
Reviewed 21 December 2004

Reviewed 18 November 2004

Reviewed 21 October 2004

We've been to Maui several times and always stay at the Maui Seaside. The rooms are just a basic room but they are clean and quiet.
For the price I haven't been able to find anything better.
I would rather save my money on a room and spend it elsewhere, all we do is sleep there.

• Stayed: October 2004
16  Thank Quest4657
Reviewed 10 August 2004

This is my second time here, My husbands first. I admit, It is not a fancy hotel, No FREEBIES in the rooms as shampoo or conditioner, no iron, there is one in the laundry room, the bar has since closed down. the restaurant food is good but on my stay in 2003 it was MUCH better! I have seen a few things that have gone downhill, BUt the staff is great, maid service excellent. ANd the one who wrote about cockroaches! we were here for 9 days, not once did we see a cockroach or Gecko (as they are properly called) in our room, LOts of Geckos outside at dusk, but thats ok, they are harmless and eat bugs! As for the location, its good, we are in central Maui and very close to everything. The cruise ships that come in are quite beautiful. we had booked so many things to do once in Maui we were only in our rooms to sleep.
The pool is nice AND quiet. not many kids here to be screaming, to me that is the worst thing when a kid screams around a pool. they should be told not to. It is only open till 6 pm though which is quite a bummer, cuz several times we wanted to go in at night. they say its because they have no lighting, although we thought it is very well lit.
The rooms are ok, we had a ground floor with a Patio, last year I had a very big room with two double beds and kitchenette on the third floor. Be advised THERE ARE NO COFFEE POTS OR ALARM CLOCKS AS stated IN EXPEDIA! there are small refridgerators in all rooms. it was not fun dragging suitcases up there! The parking can be terrible around 10 pm. but you just park in the other lot.
As for staying here, Yes we will, because of the money we saved to get to do all the stuff we did. And I like to bring my own toiletries anyway. Half the time they stink in hotels! give it a try.

20  Thank Sunshine21534
Reviewed 9 August 2004

I did not stay at the Seaside but stayed at the Maui Beach hotel in Wailuku, which is similar and also below my standards, but......
If you are going to travel be realistic. Don't be surprised at finding cockroaches and geckos in Hawaii. If you want a nice room for under a $100 go to Waikiki. This is Maui - where a 1920's bungalow in Kahului sells for more than half a million dollars. You can't go cheap on Maui and expect a resort. The main tourist areas are Kihei to Wailea and Lahaina to Kapalua. What were you doing in Kahului - its where the real people live. The most interesting parts of Maui are off the beaten path which most tourists will never experience.

15  Thank Mauigirl808