“Everything we have grown to expect”

Courtyard Maui Kahului Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kahului
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Available airport shuttle and proximity to the airport were factors in our choosing the Marriott. Four of us from different states were meeting here before moving to our vacation condo. With Marriott we know what to expect.
Since they put in the Starbucks (which I like but was more expensive than on the mainland), there is no longer free coffee in the lobby (which I had also liked) but there are coffee makers in the rooms.
We could walk to Costco to do our shopping. Very convenient.
We'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

new and nice place..free wifi and modern accommodations. nice bistro in lobby too. I do wish they had a bathtub. the tv has free hbo movies and all hd channels. didn't go to the exercise room or pool. in very convenient location near airport, costco, and whole foods.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We had a late night flight arrival and didn't want to go far the first night so we stayed here. It was like a 1 min drive from the Airport (but don't start thinking loud, because we never heard a thing!). The rooms were SOOO nice! Huge! Loved loved it. Our bed was so comfortable. Usually my skin is itching like crazy from hotel bleached sheets, these were so soft. The lobby was nice and had things for sale to munch on and a little restaurant. I thought the fitness room was pretty nice compared to most hotels. Lots of free weights and weight machines compared to most. The pool looked nice too, but we didn't use that. I could totally see staying here due to it's great central location. You are so close to everything. There are tons of stores like Costco, Kmart, and groceries if you wanted to stock up before you head off to another resort farther away. I highly recommend this place if you need a short stop or if you aren't set on being on the beach and just want to be central on the Island. If you are arriving late, it doesn't always make sense to pay the larger rate at a resort when you will not be there long enough to enjoy it. This worked out perfect. The staff was super friendly too. Great hotel!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool. It's a great view to wake up in Hawaii and see mountains and be...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I'm on my third one-week stay at this hotel. I come to Kahului for business and have tried many of the hotels on Maui. I've stayed here in Spring, Summer, and Fall in 2013.

This hotel is clean and modern looking. It is quiet, but not silent. Unless you're on the top floor you'll hear every step of the people above you. One side of the hotel has more road noise than the other. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are spotless and the housekeeping is consistent. The rooms are comfortable with quality bedding, effective climate control systems, and good water pressure and temperature. Normally at airport hotels I avoid the top floor because they have the loudest air traffic, but the Kahului airport doesn’t have air traffic at night so it is less of a concern here.

It’s definitely not a resort. It has a small pool area, and it is miles away from the beach. The grounds are landscaped but won’t leave you thinking you’re at a Hawaii getaway. The hotel is nestled between the airport and Kahului between two busy roads. Though not a resort, paying almost $10 for a single beer and a cookie at the front desk certainly makes you feel like you are buying something at the Four Seasons. You won’t want to eat here unless you don’t have a car or are otherwise stranded though you can walk across the street to Costco and grab a slice of pizza, or a salad, or sandwich or something for a few dollars.

I stay here primarily because it is less expensive than vacation hotels in the area and because they don’t charge a “resort fee” which is hard to invoice for business travel. They do charge $10/night parking which considering everywhere else in the area is free and there are thousands of free parking spots across the street at Costco, the Marriott cash grab in this respect is a little ridiculous. The free wi-fi almost makes up for it but it’s almost like they are saying, “we can’t get you on an immoral resort fee, so we’ll get you on the parking instead muhuhahahahahaha.” The hotel isn’t a business hotel in that it doesn’t have any of the perks most business hotels have like club rooms for frequent stays, complimentary breakfasts, business services, etc.

This property is nicer than many airport hotels, and with the free airport shuttle probably defines the it as an airport hotel, though a nicer one than most.

The first time I stayed here, I was placed in a tiny room on the airport end of the hotel which is next to a business that stores construction junk and runs noisy machinery during the day. I wasn’t impressed and I only came back because the hotel I was normally staying at jacked their rates above the allowed per diem rate right before my trip. On my second trip I paid slightly more for a larger room which was much nicer and had a nice view of the pool and lawn with Costco beyond. But also a nice peek of the mountains. The rate also included breakfast. The third trip I got the same style room but it’s on the other side so it has a view of the parking lot and a busy road with loud traffic. So if you get a chance to request, ask for a top floor room on the “Costco side” for the most amount of quiet and better view.

I haven’t found the perfect “business hotel” in Kahului yet, but until I do I will probably be coming back here. But while I do, I'll also keep looking. The reasons that tipped the scales in Marriott's favor during this trip was that it has a mini fridge and free coffee and wi-fi in the room.

Room Tip: Top floor on the costco side.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Marriott Courtyard , not on the beach , but everything else couldn't be better . Location , service ,amenities and free internet . Free shuttles to airport and services within a 3 mile radius , in room wifi and Costco across the street . I had a jr suite , the extra room , worth the upgrade ,

Room Tip: Book a junior suite , 2 tvs , no airport noise
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeff Q
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Had a great sleep at the hotel. We got in on a delayed flight at 1:30 am and the check in process was quick and friendly. Nice quiet sleep. The hotel shuttle took us to our car rental depot in the morning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Retired56
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We overnighted at this very new airport hotel before we drove the Road to Hana. The room is, of course, very new and clean. The bathroom is kind of tiny but very neat. It is probably one of the best Courtyard out there. It is a good choice for overnighting and even for longer stays. It is by no means a resort, but will be a good quality hotel for people who have busy day schedules in Maui.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank sander9t
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kahului
Maui Seaside Hotel
#14 of 32 in Lahaina
Aston Kaanapali Shores
Aston Kaanapali Shores
#13 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Courtyard Maui Kahului Airport? Share your experiences!