“Just acceptable”

Pearls Bar-B-Q
Ranked #33 of 150 Restaurants in Kahului
Cuisines: Barbecue, Korean
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Fine and acceptable price. If you would not want to have hamburger any more, pearl bbq is a fine choice for you.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We ate at this location twice during our stay. The prices are roughly 10-12 dollars for a meal that includes our choice of meat, rice and four sides that include macaroni salad, potatoes, glass noodles, kimchi, seaweed, bean sprouts, pickled cucumbers, and corn. The meat choices include but are not limited to bbq chicken, beef, bulgogi (short rib) or a combo of meats. They also make a good loco moco. The meals are big enough for two...I cant imagine finishing one on my own!

It is located in a mall food court with plenty of seating. We also ate at their other location in Waikiki in Honolulu....yes we enjoyed it that much. If you want a fancy expensive meal this is not for you. But if you are looking for good value for a huge amount of delicious food I highly suggest you check this place out.

3  Thank mags2198
Reviewed 12 July 2013

pretty surprised there's any korean food on maui, much less at the mall

i loved korean spicey soups and their was not bad at all. with the sides, it was a large amount of food. could've been shared with two people. the korean sides were not very authentic but tasted fair. the soup was good, hot, and spicey.

unique food for the mall

1  Thank chioual
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I love your food and am so glad quality in general has made an improvement! My faves are the kalbi, macaroni salad, mayo/garlic potato, the bean sprouts, mandoo, the boneless beef strips and the staff is alot neater and nicer! you have good portions that are worth paying extra for and the size of your drinks are good. Love the Cherry Coke! best wishes for your future!!

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Pearl's is in the upstairs food court at the local mall. Both my husband and I ordered the half plate of the Korean ribs, which comes with 2 sides of your choice, plus scoops of the sticky rice. This was a lot of food! Good thing we ordered the half size! I love kimchee, so I had that, along with bean sprouts. My husband had the kimchee too and the sauteed cabbage dish. The food was not really hot when we got it, but it was tasty. The beef was very thin cut, but it was good and easy to eat, even with the plastic forks and knives. Finding food like this on Maui is just not easy, so we were pleased with this meal. If you want the real Korean food experience, the best we have found in the islands is on Oahu, close to Ala Moana. But how can you beat this value?

1  Thank jantravlz