“Dissapointing”

Air Maui Helicopter Tours
Ranked #7 of 40 Tours in Kahului
More attraction details
Owner description: The Air Maui Experience begins long before you board a helicopter. When you first step into our terminal at the Kahului Heliport you know you're among friends. Our welcoming and professional staff greet every passenger and personally assist with check-in. As your flight is prepared, relax in our comfortable terminal or browse through our retail shop, which features genuine Air Maui clothing and souvenirs. Our pilots are experienced professionals with thousands of hours of flight time and are trained to the high demanding standards of owner Steve Egger. Being the best is just the first step; our pilots must also excel at being your personal guide, entertaining and informing you about Maui's history, geology, flora and fauna as you soar above fantastic landscapes. In aviation, quality and safety are paramount. At Air Maui, the proof is in our record: over 20 years of perfect safety. That's not luck - it's the combined commitment of professional pilots and top-notch aircraft maintenance.
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Don’t book with air Maui , we booked a complete island tour . The helicopter was supposed to land on a cliff top for us to take pictures , this did not happen . We did not tour the whole of the island . I was looking forward to taking some aerial pictures of our hotel ( The Ritz Carlton ) but we never got to see that side of the island . The pilot seemed to think that we were on military manouvers which resulted in my wife being ill . He did ask us if we were up for an adventure but we had no idea what he was about
to do . He flew the helicopter in a way that only seasoned flyers might appreciate , it was not the pleasure flight that we had paid for and left me with the notion that I had definitely booked with the wrong company . I would also like to point out that this is the second time I have written a review . I would like to hear what the company has to say but I won’t be holding my breath after the lack of a response on the first occasion .

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Air_Maui_Helicopters, CEO at Air Maui Helicopter Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Aloha and thank you for the feedback. I would love to personally look further into this as you are talking about 2 different tours so there must be some confusion from before the flight at the time of booking. The Complete Island (60-minute flight) OR the Cliffside Landing tour (75-minute tour including landing time). On the Complete Island there is no landing and we generally do not fly over the hotels but instead focus more on the rainforest, valleys and inaccessible areas that you cannot drive to. I wanted to address your review as soon as I saw this posted as you mention you had posted another review somewhere else (not sure where?). We generally respond to all reviews promptly especially when we see someone was disappointed. Can I ask you please to email us directly at letsfly@airmaui.com so I can get more information from you to look into your reservation? I am so sorry your wife felt ill and although there are turns and maneuvers all pilots do during flight I would like to look at your personal flight video/pilot as well. Thank you again and I will be looking forward to your email so we can hopefully clear some of this up.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,118)
All reviews
in 37 reviews
"complete island tour"
"both sides"

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Thank you for giving us an amazing tour of Maui. We chose to fly over major landmarks inland. Dylan was our pilot, and he was very knowledgeable. Waterfall views are captivating and unforgettable! Thank you for wonderful experience

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Air_Maui_Helicopters, CEO at Air Maui Helicopter Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

You are very welcome! A big thank you to you for coming to fly with us! I will be sure to let Dylan know as well that you enjoyed his flight and tour.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I had a wonderful ride over West Maui & Molokai; the process was easy, very professional and I felt very safe the entire time. The views were stunning! Our pilot was super courteous and knowledgeable. I scheduled the 24 hour solo-rider experience and joined a family of 5 on their ride. It was very inexpensive, great way for a single rider to still have an unforgettable experience.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Happy to hear! Our last minute single seat deal is great for solo fliers booking last minute so I am so glad you were able to get on a flight with us! Aloha and mahalo for the wonderful review.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Our helicopter ride was absolutely amazing. I’m so glad we opted for the doors off so we could enjoy the unobstructed views. It was a ride we’ll never forget!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

We are so happy to chose the doors off too! It is such an incredible tour and so amazing like you said to have the unobstructed views of Maui and Molokai. Thank you again for flying with us!