“Great location, hard bed”
Review of Maui Beach Hotel

Maui Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Kahului
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here while on vacation to Maui. I wanted to stay someplace that was central to the entire island. This was the perfect location! The staff was friendly and helpful. I had the standard room and the size was fine for me since I was there by myself. However the bed was hard, the shower was small, and tile floor was cracked so it looked dirty. They charge $5 per day for parking, but I'm not sure why. There is plenty of parking. Compared to other hotels on the island, $5 is pretty good as some charge a lot more. If I come back, I would stay someplace else. This hotel would be fine if only staying for a night or two, not 5.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Positives are big room, nice TV and lots of stations, nice shower and tub, lots of parking, good location, nice front desk clerks, good view, good water pressure, shower gel and soap from dispensers, quiet, and air conditioner fine. There is a $12.95 breakfast buffet which I did not try but had a lot of variety to it although $13 seems a bit much for clientele. A negative and a positive. The first room I was given clearly reeked of smoke (Room #271) but they quickly gave me another room (#109) which was fine. A negative was inadequate lighting in the bedroom with only 1 table lamp and a small desk lamp which for a big room is obviously not enough. And of course, $5 parking at a hotel is something that apparently Lite Hotels like to charge for. To offset this, there is no resort fee like some charge on Maui...south and west part of island I think and can run $15 a night.

Room Tip: Check the room given to you for past smoke. Remember until smoking was disallowed, there were smoki...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank tfberry
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights this past weekend (May 2014). Our room was small, but clean, with a balcony overlooking the courtyard. Very quiet, too, which is a plus. The staff was friendly. The hotel was about 7 minutes from the airport.

Four things I did not like: (a) we had to pay for parking in the hotel's lot; (b) the room did not have a microwave, which has become a standard amenity; (c) The room did not have a coffee maker, also a standard amenity in 2014. (d) WiFi was not reliable.

Don't be confused by the "beach" in the name of the hotel. There really is not good, swimmable beach here. The hotel overlooks an industrial area to the north. West views of the mountain are nice.

Overall, this is a good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard view room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This place was pretty basic. The building reminded me a bit of my high school but the room was clean and the staff were friendly. Pool is small and closes at 5pm but I'd rather be at the beach anyway. This place is good if you want to be close to the airport and get a cheap (relatively anyway) hotel. I'd stay again as the cost of most other places on Maui made my heat stop.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The location was centrally located and the staff was great. The staff was very helpful and courtesy. The shuttle service was great! The rooms were clean and the property was maintained very nicely. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2014
Cheryl D, Front Office Manager at Maui Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Aloha,

It has been an honor and a pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you for taking the time to write about us. Please know that your feedback is very important to us, and it will be a valuable tool as we make changes to enhance the guest experience.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I get it. Maui is expensive. But a hotel charging $140 should still have some basic standards. I've stayed at Motel 6 hotels that were nicer than this one. There were holes in the walls, and the entire property looks run down and dirty.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us. We do appreciate hearing from our guests, as their comments are very important for us to improve our accommodations.

We truly value your patronage and appreciate your honest feedback.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was a centrally located, clean hotel and the staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful. I felt safe the entire time I was there and enjoyed the convenience of the hotel shuttle. Breakfast was very good every day. The staff truly lived the Aloha spirit.

Room Tip: I enjoyed a garden room with a lanais. Very quiet and beautiful setting.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank DHosey
Cheryl D, Front Office Manager at Maui Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are very important for us to continue improving our accommodations. Cuctomer satisfaction is our number one and we hope to service you once again.

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kahului
Maui Seaside Hotel
#14 of 32 in Lahaina
Lahaina Inn
Lahaina Inn
#31 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Maui Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!