“Nice hotel, close to the beach, good rooms”
Review of Maui Coast Hotel

Maui Coast Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kihei
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I just wanted to stay at a hotel that was walking distance to the beach, this one is, the beach is about 5 minutes away or less. They also have a very nice pool. Our room was nice and clean and the staff was nice. The local expedia agent helped us book a couple activities like ziplining etc., which was pretty convenient.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZedN
Write a ReviewReviews (2,180)

Reviewed 29 April 2011

I follow trip advisor frequently when we are travelling to see different peoples take on the environment and surrounding amenities. I read may positive thoughts and everything was true. The staff were amazing- from the front desk,to the housekeeping and an extra special thanks to Tiffaney. She arranged ours tours and suggested restaurants--Pizza Madness was very good---and is a wealth of information. Heather our waitress by the pool--good memory and very cheerful.

We loved Kihei for our very first visit of 9 days, and will definately go back and stay at the Maui Coast again. Close to the beach, restaurants and quaint shopping spots. Nice laid back atmosphere, and centrally located for driving to other areas on the island.

Places we liked to eat-Peggy Sue's, Kihei Caffe for breakfast (tons of food). Note Sansei Sushi has 1/2 price specials (eg-Sun and Mon between 5-6:00pm any orders place in this time is 1/2 price. ) Very good and other 1/2 price times available for later in the day.

Room Tip: Jr Suites 624 had a bit of an ocean view
5  Thank oilersfanAlberta
Reviewed 25 April 2011

We recently stayed here through a WestJet Vacations package and were very pleased with the hotel in all respects. The front desk folks were very helpful, welcoming and courteous, and all the staff were wonderful to us. Tiffany Weller, the lead concierge for Expedia at the hotel, was tremendously helpful in booking excursions and a fantastic spa day for us, but most importantly she assisted when I urgently needed an eye physician after an accident. Tiffany called ahead and got me in to see a terrific optometrist immediately. The doctor checked me thoroughly and set my mind at ease for the rest of the trip, all thanks to Tiffany! All hotels can be great when things go well, but this showed me that the staff here will go an extra mile to take care of their guests, especially when things don't go quite as planned. :-)

We met some people from Europe who stay here frequently and love the place. They described the recent renovations as lovely and all-encompassing, particularly in the pool area. We found the pool a lovely oasis and spent a day or so enjoying it. The hotel is also across the street from one of the major beaches so we spent hours enjoying the ocean without having to drive anywhere at all.

The hotel staff keep the grounds and hotel very, very clean and were kind and friendly as well. Would definitely recommend this place to all!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tigerxen
Reviewed 16 April 2011

We stayed 6 nights, after spending 6 nights in a rather shabby room at Ohana West in Waikiki. What a contrast this was - heavenly comfortable beds; no sirens splitting the night; free self-operated laundry room; beautiful beach 5 minutes walk; bus stop 5 minutes walk (buy a day ticket for $2 & go anywhere you want); good sized pool with poolside cafe/bar; restaurant; free internet in the lobby; friendly staff; 3 small shopping centres within 10 minutes walk; free fitness centre; lots of options to dine locally. I could go on & on.....
We booked through Worldwide Holidays online, & didn't have to pay the 'resort fee' of $17.50 per night, so this made our stay very moderately priced. This is VERY definitely the hotel we would stay at again, if we get as far as Hawaii again!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank carol1947
Reviewed 16 April 2011

I just recently stayed at the Maui Coast Hotel for my friend's 40th birthday. We had an amazing time at the Maui Coast Hotel. When I got back to Maui I want to bring my husband and make sure that we stay with MCH. The overall feel of MCH was peaceful, clean and relaxing. All the employees that we talked to or had questions for were so friendly and helpful. The location is perfect! You aren't right on the beach, but you are just a few minute walk away. The restaurant Spices...Loved it! Very good food and service. MCH is wonderful! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ninergrl5
Reviewed 16 April 2011

First let me say, that I found throughout Maui, everyone we encountered was extremely attentive and kind to my daugher and I. No where was this more the case that in Maui Coast Hotel. The staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. Especially the concierge who set up all of our activities with the greatest of ease. We will definately come back and bring our friends and family. Thank you all!

1  Thank Denise R
Reviewed 8 April 2011

Very freindly staff. stayed in a 1 bedroom king bed suite with sofa bed. tvs great bathroom was very roomy. The pool was nice the kids loved it. Very short walk to the beach with lifegaurds.Hotel resturants have great food. Pricey but you get alot of food.
happy hour rocks.local music was great.Kids liked the fat black and white cat by the pool
bar.We enjoyed our stay. I do recommend eating at BEACH BUMS.Its located by the Maui
Ocean Center.

Room Tip: upper floor not facing parking lot.
3  Thank DANIONE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#18 of 32 in Lahaina
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to Maui Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!