“Way better than expected!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Maui Coast Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kihei
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Way better than expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

The only bad thing I would mention would be the daily resort fee - loose it!
Other than that: awesome location,wonderful room(we got an upgrade to a junior suite being on our honeymoon), pool area is very nice, they have free bike rentals and towels.
WIFI worked ok, there was coffee in the room daily, and free washer and dryer down the hall.
The staff was friendly and made us feel great.
If we come back to Maui, this is the place where we will stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alin F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Originally booked here because of the great reviews on trip advisor! That was a mistake. This hotel charged me TWICE for the same room. It took me hours and several days to have this resolved! There goes my vacation!

Once they have your money..... they could care less about you. They gave me (and the booking agent) the run around many times over. Beware: fraudsters!

We spent hundreds of dollars on food and beverage........ plus thousands of dollars on tours through their "concierge".......... and this was their way of saying "thank-you"?! Very POOR customer service.

In addition, the rooms were NOT great:
* Big noisy fan outside the hotel
* Musty smell in room
* A/C is loud and right beside the bed.
* NOT on the ocean
* One bedroom suite had no plates, cutlery, or even a bottle opener!
* Weak and limited wifi. Does NOT work at pool, gym, or restaurant.
* Over priced for what you get.

Also, beware of the "concierge." They will book you on tours AND then push you to attend a time share presentation. Stay away! Scam artists. Not worth it!!

Save yourself the headaches and stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: One bedroom suites have a microwave and mini fridge, but NO cutlery, dishes, bottle opener........ N...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Petroski
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Pros:
The property is nice, convenient location, rooms are clean.

Cons:
Small bathroom, lots of noise from leaf blowers in the morning, and practically NO WI-FI in the room.

We're currently staying here, about a third of the way through our stay.

Our trip to Maui was a last minute getaway from us. Because it was last minute, I had to bring some work with me, and we hadn't planned out our vacation very thoroughly. No problem, the Maui Coast Hotel advertised free wi-fi in our room. I figure I can get some work done, and we can research stuff to do and such from our hotel. I was also hoping to lounge around and watch a couple of movies on Netflix.

The hotel wi-fi sucks. I mean really sucks. I can barely get online during the day, forget about it at around 9pm or so. And when it does work, the speeds are horrible. Netflix? Don't even bother, there will be no streaming content served here at the Maui Coast Hotel.

I brought the wifi issue up to the front desk the other night, and they agreed that the wi-fi isn't that great. They also said that they couldn't do much about it. They offered a "booster" device for me to attach to my laptop, but I declined because I don't attach unknown devices to my laptop. Such a device wouldn't do anything for our tablets anyways.

The wi-fi issue is absolutely frustrating! It's put me in a bad mood a few times already, but I am trying hard not to let this ruin the rest of our vacation.

The worst part is that the wi-fi isn't actually free, they charge you for it! In-room wi-fi is something that's included in their Resort Fee!!! Not a fan of false advertising.

Will I stay here again or recommend it to others? Very doubtful.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ikuradon
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Our stay there was great. Very friendly people at front desk. Rooms clean and well appointed. In-room coffee not good at all. Had to walk over to Ami Ami for our morning fix. Parking has very tight stalls and prime spots go early. Grounds well kept and clean. Pool bar has great food and service as does the restaurant Ami Ami. Entertainment at pool bar different every night. All good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Very much enjoyed our stay here. Comfortable beds, good location right across from the beach. Friendly staff. Not a luxurious place, but it is attractive, comfortable, and clean... And very reasonably priced. Also very much enjoyed the restaurant, Ami Ami.

Stayed November 2013
Terrace, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights, and it met all our needs.The rooms were large, clean, quiet and comfortable. The king bed that we had was so comfy, we slept like never before every night! Our room had a tv, mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The staff was also really friendly! Only no oceanview!

Room Tip: We had the deluxe room!!! A big nice room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Just completed 5 night stay. After reading the reviews, we thought we were staying at just a hotel. Maui Coast is so much more

We arrived in the evening and drove through a beautifully lit complex! It's not just one building. Grabbed dinner the first night at the poolside cafe. Everyone there was so friendly. Prices at the poolside cafe are fantastic and you get music every evening

We opted for a junior suite with king bed. Fabulous! Huge room. Fridge and coffee maker are in each room. Also they provide 2 bottles of water each day
Staff at front desk very helpful and friendly

We had breakfast 2 mornings at ami ami, on site. Reasonable prices and good food. Didn't have dinner there as prices really high

Front desks provided beach towels - beach down the street half a block away. We rented chairs from gift shop- forgot someone's previous suggestion if renting at small shop opposite beach, but for $7 for 2 chairs, I'm not complaining

Did the road to Hana. Make sure you download GyPSy to your smart phone!!! It gives you a great guided tour of all of Maui but fantastic for road to Hana. We stopped at Twin Falls, thinking it was short walk to falls- not true. Takes a good 20 minutes each way and near falls, gets very rocky. You also have to walk along a low wall to get there but it is beautiful

Only downside- not important to me but is important to some - wifi in rooms very poor. If we needed to get on line there were computers in lobby or your pad or laptop will pick up there

All in all a great stay and we would've to come back

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank koshershrimp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas
Montage Kapalua Bay
Montage Kapalua Bay
#1 of 31 in Lahaina
Westin Maui Resort And Spa

Been to Maui Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!