“Across the street from a quiet beach. ”
Review of Maui Coast Hotel

Maui Coast Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kihei
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel employees and concierge were friendly and helpful. Free wifi in room. Great pool with 2 hot tubs one secluded. Pool bar, nightly entertainment. Drinks good and happy hour reasonable. Food at bar a let down, corned beef sandwich bread was soggy and meat chewy and overly fatty, Cobb salad made with mixed greens, not very good. Suggest to eat elsewhere and come back for drinks. Room clean, nice large soaker tub. Hotel offers beach/pool towel, bikes, tennis court, free news paper all for mandatory $17.50 per day charge. Overall very happy with price and hotel quality.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nate w
Write a ReviewReviews (2,180)

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Great place to stay, really close to wonderful beach. The hotel offers great service and its employees are very helpfull. Rooms are clean all the time as well as poolside. We rent bikes at the hotel and had a great time sightseeing Kihei. There are amazing places for biking.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lilly E
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We loved the Maui Coast. It was the perfect location for our first trip to Maui.

We travelled as a family of three with our 3 year old daughter.

The restaurant was excellent for both breakfast and dinner. The poolside bar and cafe were also spot on - great service and yummy food!

The rooms were on the small side but very clean and well maintained. The bathroom was tiny which was a little awkward but otherwise happy with the rooms.

The staff at the front desk, restaurant, pool and house keeping were all super friendly and helpful. Would happily return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is my 2nd time staying at the Maui Coast Hotel. I am writing this review while sitting on the comfy couch of my suite in the hotel b/c I love it so much, I can't wait to write about it. I like parking my own car and coming and going as I please, instead of waiting for a valet. I like that there's a grocery store and delicious restaurants just a few blocks away. I like that the beach is quiet, except for the sound of the ocean crashing on the shore or the rustle of the palm trees when the tradewinds arrive. I like the view from the elevator, overlooking the ocean and the sun rising between the palm trees. I like hearing the live music from the ami ami cafe from my balcony and I like the little funny coconut soap dish in my bathroom. The sheets are soft, the bed is comfortable (and I am VERY particular about beds b/c of a back injury) and I couldn't ask for more. When I checked in 2 days ago, Lance, at the front desk was so nice & accommodating, I could have cried. (I'm badly in need of a vacation & just came off an 11hr flight) I never want to stay anywhere else in Hawaii.

Room Tip: Go ahead and upgrade to a suite...well worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pauline S
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel location can't be beat. You're walking distance to some restaurants and "nightlife" (I use this term loosely because there is little night life in Maui readily available for tourists). The rooms were clean and a nice size. We had lots of excursions planned and really enjoyed the central location to Makena, Paia, the Road to Hana, and Lahaina (a bit more of a drive but accessible and the drive is scenic). The staff was friendly and the restaurant/bar was pretty decent and not too overpriced. You're just across the road from the beach that is easily crossed by a crosswalk. There is a close ABC store to get all of the items you may have forgotten. Though not inexpensive it will have everything you need and a whole lot more you don't.

Room Tip: The south facing rooms are more scenic though the only rooms with ocean view are the suites.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrsOneill426
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have stayed at the Maui Coast and have had guests stay there as well. Good, clean place. has a pool and a great restaurant (Ami Ami). Easy to get to. Not on the beach - but a short walk to Charlie Young beach. Recommended.

Room Tip: Breakfast at Restaurant is great!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim D
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We booked into this resort on April 30th 2014. From the start it was amazing. We arrived in the middle of the night airline problems. Madeline was so very helpful. We were so tired it was hard to talk to her but she was so helpful. We stayed ten days and not one bad experience did we have. Beautiful room, we had a junior suite quite and so very relaxed. The resort fee was worth every penny. We had a lovely pool, free parking wi fi beach towels whenever we wanted and the restaurant at the end of the hotel was just lovely. We did not have dinner there but we did have drinks and a couple of breakfasts there. Some people gave it bad reviews I do not know why it is great. The banana pancakes are just wonderful and the staff make every effort to be welcoming. I would say why stay anywhere else. I am a world traveler and I would go a long way to bet this wonderful resort. It is a gem. I went though a rough few months before this trip and this trip was what I needed. Thank you to all of you for making our stay amazing.

The people of Maui are without a doubt some of the nicest people ever. THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL TIME. MY HUSBAND AND PLAN ON SPENDING MORE TIME IN MAUI. JOSEPHINE AND DON

Room Tip: Junior suite was very large and if you get a room facing the ocean it is just lovely to sit out and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JosephineBro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#18 of 32 in Lahaina
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to Maui Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!