“The human factor came up short.”
Review of Maui Coast Hotel

Maui Coast Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kihei
Reviewed 2 June 2014

All was as written in reviews I read, with the unresponsive front desk girl the unfortunate lowlight. Despite reasoned requests for another room, she was inflexible and recalcitrant. Without a seriously discounted rate I would have walked out. Despite my high ratings I will not return.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Beberle2002
MauiCoastManager, Front Office Manager at Maui Coast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Aloha Beberle2002,

Thank you again for staying at our hotel and for spending the time to share your experience with us. I sincerely apologize our service was not to your satisfaction. While this doesn't change your experience, I hope you can feel confident that I will be sharing this comment with our Front Services Team. Again thank you for your feedback. Without knowing our guest's experience, good or bad, we cannot continue to improve our services.

We hope you can give us another chance to show you our true colors!

Mahalo and Take Care,

Voltaire Marave
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,180)

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was the first hotel I've stayed at on Maui, as I usually rent a condo, but this works better for a short trip. I was pleasantly surprised! The rooms and common areas are very nice and new. The room was plenty big and the lanai was nice. The bathroom is pretty small, but works fine. It doesn't seem like they have AC in the halls or elevators. Also, I did not care for the front desk staff. I tried to check in early (before 3) and they said no rooms were ready but they would call me when one became available. Well, I never received a call and went back to the hotel in person. From listening to others checking in, they don't allow anyone to check in before 3 p.m. except if you're in a suite. I wish they would have just said that instead of lying about no rooms being ready. Thankfully the manager handled it well. They also denied a late checkout request, which most hotels accomodate. The hotel has some nice amenities: pool, two hot tubs, fitness center, restaurant and pool bar with live music and happy hour. Location is good. There is a beach right across the street or you can easily drive South to the many beaches in Wailea. Be sure to check the discount travel sites for a deal. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank canbypdx

Aloha canbypdx!

Thank you for the thorough review on our hotel and your experience here! I am very happy you enjoyed the wonderful amenities at our property! I apologize that we fell short in terms of service at the Front Desk regarding your arrival and departure experience. I meet with my Front Services Team on a regular basis and your post will be an item of discussion. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back to our hotel!

Mahalo,

Voltaire Marave
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently stayed here for a few nights at the end of our 2 week honeymoon and wish we could have stayed longer. The pool area and service is great, gym is clean with new equipment, staff is friendly and rooms are very nice. Location is great, right across the street from a slew of impeccable beaches. We had no complaints at all.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pasi0013
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at the Maui Coast for 4 nights. The staff are welcoming and friendly. Hotel has a great atmosphere with many amenities and a great location across the street from the beach and within a mile of many small restaurants and bars. The street you need to cross to get to the beach has marked crosswalks and cars do stop for you so safety is no concern. You can walk to entertainment, food, and bars or the shuttle will take you within 3 miles and the drivers are all friendly and it never seemed to a problem to get a ride to or from. Hotel has free bikes, laundry, wifi. Eat at ami ami restaurant in the hotel for breakfast at least once. The food is delicious and portions right sized. The breakfast burrito, waffle, and fruit are all delicious.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Eric K
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It has two of the most amazing places to eat on Maui right at the property and that makes it very handy, which is what you want in Kihei.
The front restaurant is Ami Ami... It's open for breakfast and dinner
The lunch restaurant there is poolside.
You have got to go to their web site and ready the details
www.mauicoasthotel.com If that doesn't open try www.themauicoasthotel.com
I have personally never stayed there.
But the food is the best ever.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Rooms were excellent, AC was cold and that's what you want. Staff was great and helpful when you need them. THE only problem is the showers in the bathroom. There's enough room just that the shower heads SUCK... I had to stand under the water drizzle to get wet. I was in Hawaii for business and another guy who workers with me also had the same problem.. So if you go the bring a wrench to fix the shower head.. Apart from that, Maui Coast hotel was a great place to stay....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is a splendid hotel! As an Airline Captain for a large international airline, I have spent many nights at this hotel before my retirement. After staying at many fine hotels around the world during my career, I can still say the Maui Coast Hotel is one of the best and one of my favorite hotels overall. Quietly unassuming, the Maui Coast is one of those "one of a kind" hotels that make you feel comfortably at home. Kathi, the director of housekeeping, has made sure that the rooms are modern and spotlessly clean and comfortable. The front desk staff like Manny and Terry always greet you with a smile and are always willing to help. I continue to come back to this hotel on vacation because it is and has been consistently excellent over the years. Hard to find a hotel like this these days.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Martin B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#18 of 32 in Lahaina
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to Maui Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!