“Maui Coast Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kihei
Montgomery, Texas
“Maui Coast Hotel”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Very nice hotel. Very clean and comfortable. Quiet. Friendly staff. The Ami Ami restaurant has very good food and a great wait staff. The poolside bar is friendly and the food is generous and good. The waitstaff, at the poolside bar, can be a little short, during the busy time of day, but always attentive. The hotel is located very close to many restaurants that are in walking distance. They also offer a shuttle service if you prefer that. The beaches are right across the street! We celebrated an anniversary and was surprised to find champagne, flute glasses and a nice anniversary card waiting for us in our room!

2 Thank Diane M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I just stayed for 2 nights . The hotel is clean and so comfortable. The pool is beautiful but they could use a few more chairs. Everyday , there were not enough until about 3. They were good about removing towels from chairs that weren't being used. The front desk personnel were so friendly and accommodating. I got a great deal on hotels.com. I would return again. Great location too. You can walk anywhere or they have bikes too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Liisam728
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We have a timeshare in Kihei and thought a change of pace would be nice at Maui Coast to extend our vacation. Voltaire showed us a room on the first floor which seemed too small for me and he made a note of that. When I checked in, I related that my sister and brother-in-law were also staying at the hotel. Rudy, assist. manager gave me a junior suite on the same 4th floor as my sister and the room was excellent! All the staff were very friendly and helpful esp. desk clerks, Terry and Edwin and Eric who helped with luggage and definitely practiced the spirit of Aloha. I enjoyed the gym, pool, café and ami-ami restaurant.
A guest accidentally hit my car while parked and Terry helped with that. Everything went well. I would definitely return!

Room Tip: I enjoyed the 4th floor very much!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Toni B
Voltaire M, Front Office Manager at Maui Coast Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Aloha Toni B!

I totally remember taking you on that tour! I am glad the 4th floor worked out better for you. Also, thank you for such the nice comments about Rudy, Terry, Edwin, Eric and the rest of the gang! It was our pleasure to serve you our Aloha way. We look forward to your return stay!

Take care and Mahalo,

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Nice hotel in a very convenient location. Hotel provides bikes which is a nice touch. Staff are very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Would definitely recommend and it's defintely on our list for our next stay in Maui

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christiana0564
Aloha Christiana0564!

We sure hope the Maui Coast Hotel is on the TOP of your list for your next stay in Maui! =) I am glad you took advantage of our complimentary bike rentals! It is such a nice amenity to have especially if you are just going down the street to pick a few items from the store or eat at one of the great restaurants that Kihei has to offer!

We look forward your return!

Mahalo,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel is nice overall. The pool is nice. I had sprained my ankle and they offered me a wheelchair to use during my stay. It was definitely necessary since it is a fairly large hotel. Bed and room was comfortable. We stayed in a deluxe room with a king bed. The bathroom was small. The room seemed a little worn, but that might be common on the island. My only complaint is that it was noisy and we could hear the tvs through the walls.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up so you can see the ocean. We were on floor 5, and could only see a little...
1 Thank Sinkholedemayo .
Aloha Sinkholedemayo,

We hope your ankle is feeling better! And also thank you for writing us a review. I'm glad you found our hotel and pool nice. I sure you hope you can give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel. If and when you do, please check with the front desk to inquire about any upgrades available. I personally have stayed in one of our 1-bedroom suites. They have a much larger bathroom.

Take care and hope to see you guys again!

Kaneohe, Hawaii
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have now stay at the Maui coast 2 times and I loved it both times. The staff was really friendly and helpful. When I first got there it looked like it would be a good place for adults to stay, but it turned out to b a very family friendly place. The staff would always ask if we need help and answered all our question in a very friendly manner. The pool was nice and clean never too crowded, the pool wait staff was excellent they came around all the time to see how we were doing. And the food at the on site restaurant was over the top every thing we ate was very good! All in all I would say that this hotel is a 10 out of 10. The only thing that could make it better would be if it was beach front. Other than that the atmosphere was very nice and it was very clean, I will defiantly be going there again and I would recommend it to any one!

Room Tip: Get the jr. Suit it was very nice and it had more amenities than the standard room!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Michael N
Voltaire M, Front Office Manager at Maui Coast Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Aloha Michael N!

Thank you for the taking the time in writing us an incredible review! And thank you again for choosing our hotel on your most recent trip to Maui! We take pride in providing a comfortable and memorable stay for all of our guests. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Mahalo,

Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Definitely the best hotel in Kihei. Great value for money. Good sized rooms - balcony a little small, but nonetheless, a pleasant place to stay. We had a king suite 507, with a view of the ocean. The cleaning lady on floor five was amazing. Staff are very friendly and accommodating. Will certainly return.

Room Tip: Floor 5 or 6 for a reasonable view.
2 Thank Karen R
Voltaire M, Front Office Manager at Maui Coast Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Aloha Poppit832!

Mahalo for staying with us! And thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our hotel and team! It is always refreshing to know that our commitment to providing a great product and superior service is noticed by our guests! We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next adventure to Maui!

Cheers,

Voltaire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#17 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Maui Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!