My new husband and I were extremely happy with our choice of Nona Lani Cottages for our honeymoon in Maui. We arrived late at night, but we had received detailed instructions on where to find our cottage assignment and key. The cottage itself was well-appointed, very clean, and very comfortable. The air conditioner worked well, but wasn't necessary; with our windows open and the ceiling fan on, we were able to hear the surf crashing at night and the birds singing in the morning. (Closing the windows shut out a great deal of that sound, though.) There was some road noise, but it died down at night.
The cottages are directly across the street from the beach, and although I was afraid there would be big ugly condos or something else right there that was not shown in the photographs, I was wrong: the beach is beautiful, wide open, and was sparsely used. We saw a sea turtle right there on our last day and wished we'd spent more time snorkeling there.
The grounds and gardens are stunning; the photos on the web site really don't do them justice. The plants, trees, and flowers are obviously meticulously maintained. We feared we wouldn't be able to cook outdoors without a flashlight, but the owners have thought of that; there's great lighting at the BBQs.
The staff was friendly and knowledgable about the area, but not intrusive, which was perfect for us.
This location was perfect: close to Kihei (try breakfast at the Kihei Caffe, but get there EARLY!) and further-south snorkeling, not too far from Laheina and Kahului and points beyond. Also, very easy to get to.
Our only complaints are very small ones: We wished we'd discovered earlier that there were softer pillows in the closet, because the first night's sleep wasn't very pleasant, but as soon as we found the other pillows we were much better. And, I wish the kitchen had had a roll of paper towels or napkins as well as a couple of additional drinking glasses--my choices for a wine container were a 3-ounce cordial glass or a 16-ounce beer glass. However, these nit-picks were not troublesome to us.
Overall we were simply thrilled with Nona Lani Cottages and would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nona Lani Cottages has been here since Kihei's growth in the 1970s, yet has always remained genuine to its aloha spirit. We've been providing guests with the true Hawaiian experience ever since -- laid-back, low-key, and relaxing. We're the perfect romantic getaway from everyday life. You'll have your own authentic plantation-style cottage to enjoy your vacation. By day, you can soak up the Hawaiian sun in our hammocks or journey to the beach for an adventure and surf lessons. At night, you can grill out and enjoy your meal by our gazebo as you reflect on the excitement of the earlier day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Nona Lani Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nona Lani Cottages Hotel Kihei
- Nona Lani Cottages Maui/Kihei