“Awesome time surfing”

and up
Surf Lessons in Maui
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Surf with the best in the world, our professional big wave surfer Inaldo Vieira and Billabong surfer girl Val Frey. Welcome to Waves Hawaii Surf School. We are the only Billabong Surf School in Maui! We offer the most private and the best choice for surfing lessons in Kihei Maui. Surf with our world class instructors, and we also offer girls surf camps with Billabong all ver the world. We look forward to making your dreams of surfing come true!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Calgary
“Awesome time surfing”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I booked a semi-private lesson for my husband, my daughter, and myself and had Brooks as our instructor. None of us had ever surfed before; in no time, we were all up on our boards surfing! Brooks made the lesson so much fun and was amazing with our 8 year old. We were so impressed, my daughter and I went back later in the week for another semi private lesson with Brooks. He is a super nice guy and a great instructor. I highly recommend this surf school and would definitely use them again. Also, the photographer took excellent photographs. Everyone was very professional.

North Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome time!”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Brooks is the MAN! I took two lessons with him and by the end of it I was standing, turning, and riding the waves. He had great patience and insight to help me learn the basics of surfing. I have a new found respect for surfers and the talent they have!

1 Thank JDJThompson
Mill Valley, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Totally Awesome!”
Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

To quote Jeff Spicoli. We had friends, also staying at the Fairmont Kea Lani, strongly rec both Waves Hawaii and specifically Brooks as the instructor, so booked a 2 hour private lesson with Brooks for myself and 2 daughters, 10 and 12. Brooks was both fun & informative and had my girls up and surfing on LITERALLY their first try - the fun starts immediately, very short learning curve. They had such a blast we booked another session for 2 days later and brought my youngest, age 7, as well. Matias, with Nomad Visual Productions was in the water shooting beautiful pics with a professional camera, guaranteeing we'd go home with all the smiles captured forever. We visit Maui every spring and would have done Waves much sooner if we knew how much fun it would be - we're already planning on multiple surf lessons next year.

Oakland, California
“Awesome Instruction”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Charlie took us out for a semi private lesson. We had four kids ages 10-13. They were all up almost every wave. My 10 year old was having some trouble but Charlie spent plenty of time helping him understand the concepts. The other kids had a blast. All the adults got up too! It was definitely the best experience in Maui. Charlie also hooked us up with a photographer that took some great shots.

Boulder, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Fun!”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Kudos to Brooks for teaching my 8 and 10 year old kids to surf! I learned too, we all rode many waves and had a lot of laughs. According to the gorgeous photos John the photographer took -- we all looked amazing, not awkward or embarrassing at all. Don't hesitate to spend a couple of hours with Waves.

Visited December 2012