“One of the rarest inhabitants of the sea Sara is awesome.”

Maui Dreams Dive Co.
Canmore, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the rarest inhabitants of the sea Sara is awesome.”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Maui dreams Dive Company made my trip to this island worth while. I received my certification here. This team is all about diving. My experience was more a feeling of diving with friends than a guided dive.
They exposed me to a number of areas and sea life. On the two shore dives in the early morning I got to hear the song of the whales, as we'll meet some of the rare and extraordinary denizens of the sea. Including the one I'd love to meet again in her natural environment. Sara, my dive instructor. She had such a love of the sea from its smallest inhabitants to the largest. Pointing them out as we encountered them along the way.
The two boat dives were equally as exciting. Temple of doom found literally at the end of the rainbow, provided opportunity to meet some green sea turtles a large spiny puffer fish, a more intense experience of the songs of the whales along with a dolphin sound that was brief and provided no mammals.
My drift dive added Rob to the mix, he is developing his skills and becoming a dive master. He shares Sara's love of all things small and rare. Both are full of stories and energy that will inspire anyone to continue their underwater education.
Well worth the investment.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank BarrymoreScott

Chilliwack, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My family and I had an absolutely wonderful experience diving with them. This is particularly notable regarding our daughters - as they were completing their open water qualification with your team, a bunch of strangers, both my wife and I were somewhat anxious, as you can well imagine. However, from the moment we set foot in their shop their professionalism, confidence, and playful banter quickly started to put us all at ease. Kim and I were also pleasantly, surprised to find out we could do the scooter dives with Jay while Scott worked with our daughters. Diving with Jay was truly a treat; his succinct and thorough instructions ensured our first dive in 15 years, while learning to use the scooter, was stress-free and also remarkable - a massive manta ray decided to feed within what felt like just a few feet of us! What a blast. Meanwhile, our 14 and 12 year-old daughters thought Scott was awesome and were bubbling with excitement as they shared their first open water dive experience. From there is was onto the boat with Don and his team - OMG, they're all crazy! Again, it was a superb experience for us all - first rate treatment coupled with a generous helping of fun. Finally, we completed our fifth dive of this holiday with a night dive - for our daughters that was only their fifth dive period! There was a certain trepidation before finally making the decision to do this however, the deciding factor was our level of confidence in the Maui Dreams Dive Company - particularly, my daughters confidence with Scott. We are still buzzing from the experience - squid, a massive conger eel, turtles, lobster, puffer fish, etc !

From the combined efforts of the Langley Dive Center in British Columbia, Canada and the Maui Dreams Dive Company you've successfully reignited my wife's and my love for diving, as well as created two new passionate divers - our daughters.

2 Thank DrBruce017
Toledo, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great variety.”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My brother and I went on three dives with Maui Dreams. A boat trip and two shore dives.

The boat trip to Molokini had to be diverted due conditions but we were able to see quite a few whales before we turned back (more than the whale watch we did later!). They took the time to enjoy the whales which was great. We ended up off the coast of west Maui between Lahaina and Maalaea Harbor. Good dives but not spectacular. Saw a lot of coral.

The first shore dive was out of Makena Landing and we used the scooters. HIGHLY recommended! The scooters pushed from behind and you feel like superman. We saw a huge manta ray up close for about 5 minutes. Along with turtles and eels. We then scooted out to Marty's reef and saw lots of good coral and huge schools of fish and some milk fish. Oh, and an octopus!

The best shore dive was a night dive out of Makena Landing. Completely different experience. Very eerie. Went into two caves filled with turtles. Lots of eels and squid. My brother got a bit claustrophobic though and was a little panicked. So be aware. I thought it felt like being on an alien planet. Very cool. Don't pass up on the shore dives!

Maui Dreams made everything easy and the dive masters were very enthusiastic. All the equipment was in good condition. We'll be using them next trip!

1 Thank Dave K
san francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Dives & Training with Curly”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We did the PADI Peak-performance buoyancy course with Curly and really enjoyed it. He was super-friendly, supportive and knowledgeable. The shop is clean, well-organized and well-run, with a positive, skilled staff. Our single-day course included classroom time and two shore dives. We would certainly dive with this outfit again.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great place to rent gear”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Rented gear from the shop.

Friendly staff and no problems getting what we wanted.

50's, 63's and 80 cu ft tanks are available.

We took out 50's to test our sidemount rigs on a shore dive after a few months of just pool practice while the water froze up north.

We lost one weight, the shop was very understanding and charged a reasonable fee for its replacement.

We'll be back to use their services.

Visited February 2014