“Great experience!”

Maui Dreams Dive Co.
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

These guys are the best! We had a great dive experience and they have great prices for their rental gear! On my next visit here I'll definitely book a dive and rent exclusively with them.

1  Thank Sunnygrl89

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My wife and I have been diving for 20 years. This trip my two sons were finally old enough to do an introductory dive (10 and up). I really wanted their first diving experience to be great. Scott from Maui Dreams did an outstanding job making my boys feel comfortable and safe. He taught with the perfect balance between taking diving seriously and having fun while you're doing it.

Maui Dreams does their introductory dives from the beach, so there was no long boat ride. The boys had to watch a short video at the shop. Scott gave an interactive lessen on the beach for about 20 minutes and then we were in the water.

Once the boys had passed their skill tests (mask clearing, regulator recovery and clearing), we went on a 40 minute tour of Ulua Reef. For an additional $20 (each), we where able to do a second dive. Because the boys were more comfortable after their first dive, the second dive lasted about 55 minutes. it was the best money I ever spent on Maui.

My first diving experience was introductory dive off Molokini years ago with a different company. We only did one dive so by the time I was use to the equipment and breathing underwater, the dive was over. I strongly recommend the beach dive alternative and the second dive.

I highly recommend Maui Dreams. If you have young kids--ask for Scott.

1  Thank Mike648
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We went to Maui Dreams to finish our open water PADI certification. We selected them based on Trip Advisor reviews, in addition to the fact that they are a 5 Star PADI shop.

Going in to the shop a few days in advance, we met very helpful staff (thanks Sara!), got the full run down on where to be, what to expect, and how to prepare. We had 2 shore dives and 2 boat dives scheduled.

Our instructor Curly was awesome. Easy going, communicative, thorough, patient. We enjoyed working with him very much. We were sized up for gear, which was all in good condition, and headed out for our shore dives.

Pre-dive planning and instructions were clear and interactive, allowing for questions and conversation. Underwater drills and navigation were handled quite well.

The boat dives were also well organized and the crew were great to work with. We dove two very excellent locations and truly had the experience of a lifetime.

Thanks to Maui Dive Co. and Curly for a great experience overall, and the training to complete our certification. Very rewarding!

I would recommend Maui Dive to Family, Friends and others on TripAdvisor.

1  Thank Morgan M
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just wanted to find out what it was like to scuba for the day and signed up for the discovery scuba with maui dreams. Jay was our instructor and was very knowledgeable and patient. Saw turtles, eelss and even a reef shark. This is an excellent way to find out if you want to do get your certification.

2  Thank Aqua102
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My son (13 years old) and I recently went on our first Scuba dive experience here and had a great time. The instructor was very knowledgeable and made us feel very comfortable. She added a lot of her experiences to our conversations which was helpful in learning about scuba diving in general. We had great instruction before going to the dive site and at the dive site to prepare us. We were able to dive down to 31 feet and saw a lot of activity on a reef. Our dive was also off the beach which made our very first dive easy and a great experience.