“Jeff Taylor rocks!!!”
Review of Maui Snorkel Tours

Maui Snorkel Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Suzzy Robinson "The Snorkel Whisperer" brings over 30 years experience of scuba diving and snorkeling off Maui waters to each and every snorkel tour. These days it's all about numbers/business/bottom line. Not with Suzzy - Suzzy has held true to her baseline of quality not quantity which is almost extinct. Snorkeling off the shoreline in a small group of 2-7 persons allows you the VERY BEST Maui waters have to offer. It is a discovery snorkel tour for all ages and sill levels. Shallow water sites No experience necessary Patient Instruction Small Groups Top of the line snorkel equipment provided All ages With this unique tour you won't be exposing yourself to large boats with herds of people, rough seas, contained snorkel area, deep waters, and limited reef and fishes to see. Suzzy's passion for life, ocean and Maui are what you can expect. You too will walk away from your snorkel tour with a thrilling Peak Life Experience that will last forever.
San Jose, California
“Jeff Taylor rocks!!!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I was on my first trip to Maui recently - Nov 2013 - and had a truly fantastic first time snorkeling experience. Not knowing how to swim, my wife and i were very apprehensive about getting into the ocean. Based on a friends recommendation we booked for a private snorkelling lesson/tour with Maui Snorkel tours. Sussie was supposed to take us out but due to an emergency Jeff had to step in and take us into the water.

Unlike regular snorkel tours which start early in the day we started at noon. Jeff started off by talking about the basic gear and things to do when in water. Jeff was really slow and thorough with the theory section and he really made sure we were calm and comfortable before getting into the water. We started off by practicing a few small loops in the shallows by holding his buggy board and practicing how to float and paddle. Within about 20 mins we were really comfortable and we then ventured into the waters. The next 30-40 mins was really a beautiful experience in the water. With Jeffs help we were able to swim across corols watching some really nice fish.

I recommend this tour to other first time snorkelers with little or no experience with the ocean. Jeff is a really qualified guy being an ex naval rescue diver and is genuinely interested in making sure people enjoy snorkeling and dont end up having a bad experience.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank saichaitanya

• Korean first
Eugene, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Jeff Taylor was AMAZING!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

If you want the real Hawaiian experience, book with Jeff. He took us to a private area on the beach where others were snorkeling, we swam past them all and took to a trail only Jeff knows by heart and after seeing all the beauty the ocean has to offer, we came to an area where lots of turtles were relaxing, hanging out on a cleaning station or swimming. It was a wonderful experience I will never forget. He is very patient as well, and won't go too fast, we loved every minute of it.
I had never swam in the ocean before and as a matter of fact- I was terrified of the ocean. Jeff made it very relaxing, he even brought a boogie board for me to hold onto and dragged me out until I was comfortable enough on my own. I am so happy I had this experience, it is definitely a bucket list snorkeling adventure!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Jenn S
Yakima, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A private snorkel experience vs. snorkeling with the masses”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

On our last trip to Maui we sailed to Molokini and snorkeled with amongst the many other boats and folks. But this trip we came as a family with kids, wanting something different. We wanted them to learn snorkeling from an expert; how to fit gear, how to be safe, how to explore the magic of what lies beneath. We were under the good care and tutelage of Jeffrey, a passionate teacher and master of the sport.

Jeffrey guided our family on our own private tour. After getting us prepped and geared up we entered the water and started a trip like no other. All along the way Jeffrey narrated the experience, making sure we didn't miss a thing, a great variety of fish and sealife. And then, there were the turtles; two, then three, then four. Then here comes four eagle rays at the same. It was sensory overload, all happening at the same time, and this was only midway through our trip. We saw many more turtles, too many fish to mention, practiced a little free diving, and spent a lot of quality time learning all that Jeffrey could share in one trip.

After we exited the water, Jeffrey put out a spread of snacks and waters. There we were in Maui, hanging out with our new friend on the beach, shooting the breeze, and still in awe of the best snorkel trip of our lives.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Patrick O
San Ramon, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Jeff Rocks! Best Snorkel Tour Ever!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

We went out with Jeff. First of all Jeff is really passionate about the sea. He took us in from the beach versus a boat which made everyone in the family more comfortable. He gave a 40 minute ocean talk before we got in the water. At first I thought it was too long, but so glad we let him finish, it made all the difference knowing what we were looking at. Jeff is very knowledgable. All of us had different levels of comfort in the water, Jeff made us feel completely safe, he took us our farther than I would EVER have ventured on our own. We were looking back towards the beach at the Catamaran based snorkel tours. We were able to go out so far that we were all alone when the pod of turtles came to visit Jeff. On the way back when my legs started to cramp from kicking Jeff towed me all the way back in safe and sound and I'm a big guy! He even fed us snacks when we got back. No matter what you do, go see Jeff and Suzy!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Cecil P
Ventura, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Maui Snorkel Tours - Suzzy is the Greatest!!!!!”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We have never been able to stop talking about Suzzy and the amazing tour she took us on this Summer. I had surgery right after the trip and was in the hospital for a month and I am still recovering. So it's that me a while to post on how wonderful this trip was. I was not in the greatest health when she took us on a priviate tour with just my husband and myself, but she had everything setup prefectly for the two of us. I just hung on and enjoyed it right through the most beautiful reefs and sea animals. It was like living in a movie. Words just can't express the beauty and wonder that we saw.
Suzzy is extremely knowledgeable and tryed to teach us so much. My head was spinning with all of the names of fish and plants and occeanic lifeforms.
It is a treasured memory that will last a lifetime. I would save evey penny I could to return again next year and bring some of my children and grandchildren to experince with them the beauties and wonders Suzzy's displays!! Such a wonderful, completely enchanting trip. Then to top it off special drinks and handmade treats at the end to refresh yourself and renew your strenght. She thinks of everything. Please consider making your next trip with Suzzy you cant go wrong and will be trilled with the results I promise. A very pleased and returning customer; John and Charlotte Henshaw.

Visited May 2013