We exchanged through Interval, and were very nervous when we read the negative reviews of this place. We thought that we were going to be trapped in a filthy dump for a week. I don't know where those people stayed, but it must have been a different Maui Schooner than where we just spent the last week. Where we stayed was fabulous.
The Maui Schooner is clean and pristine, with meticulously kept grounds, and one of the best-equipped kitchens I've ever seen in a timeshare (pizza pan and muffin tin!). Our room overlooked the pool, and, every day, the staff spent a lot of time cleaning and testing the pool and hot tub. Both were immaculate. Always.
The units are a bit small, but they don't feel cramped, and, again, are incredibly clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They also have beach chairs and a cooler in every unit, and keep mats and other beach items in the storage room for use. Most importantly, we were never hassled by timeshare come-ons.
The resort is located in quiet and quirky Kihei, close to the best beach (Big Beach), the best breakfast (Kihei Cafe), and the best shave ice (the stand next to Cafe O'Lei). It's also within easy shot of the best snorkel boat (Trilogy) in Lahaina. Don't forget the boiled peanuts at the Olowalu General Store!
Also, the beds were the first we've encountered that didn't kill our backs. We have a memory-foam bed, and are always scared to sleep on other beds. No worries with the Schooner's. Very comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maui Schooner Resort is a beach-front property with sprawling ocean views and charming Aloha hospitality. The resort boasts a tropical, Hawaiian resort atmosphere. Relax in your one, two or three bedroom suite, spacious enough for a couple on a romantic getaway or for the family. Unlike the typical hotel room, The Schooner's condominiums are equipped with a full kitchen, separate living room and all the amenities necessary for a comfortable stay in Maui. Enjoy beach side tennis courts and a an expansive scenic stretch of Maui sand and surf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Maui Schooner Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maui Schooner Hotel Kihei
- Maui Schooner Kihei
- Maui Schooner Resort Kihei