We stayed here our first of two weeks on Maui. It was an exchange through our timeshare so it was a good value. It is located on the ocean side of the road which is a plus, however, even though there is a beach here, it really isn't good for much more than nice sunset or morning walks. It definitely is not a swim beach and the water is not a pretty color here like it is elsewhere. The property is not right by the beach but set back like many other properties here which is OK. There are also tennis courts between the property and the beach. The property is well maintained and manicured for it's age. We had a nice 1 bedroom unit on the 2nd floor overlooking the
pool. We also had a peek-a-boo view of the ocean between buildings from the lanai, where we enjoyed having breakfast and dinners every day. The pool and hot tub area was well maintained, which we used a couple of times. However the pool got noisy with screaming kids and partying adults at various times during the day and evening, which we could hear inside the unit even
with the doors closed. This eventually lessened towards the end of our stay as those particular families must have already left. The unit was nice, nothing fancy, but met our needs. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. The only drawback with the bedrooms throughout the complex is that they are all located right on the walkways that everyone uses to get to their units and you can hear them as they walk by. Luckily no one was noisy in the middle of the night. Because the beach isn't that great here we drove to all sorts of other beaches in the area. The best part about staying here is that they provide beach chairs and coolers for beach trips. They even have some boogie boards to borrow down in the luggage storage area which we
used. They say they don't keep them in the units anymore for liability reasons. The other good thing is that there is a full size washer/dryer in the unit and they
provide 1 wash load worth of
detergent. All in all a good value and a pleasant stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maui Schooner Resort is a beach-front property with sprawling ocean views and charming Aloha hospitality. The resort boasts a tropical, Hawaiian resort atmosphere. Relax in your one, two or three bedroom suite, spacious enough for a couple on a romantic getaway or for the family. Unlike the typical hotel room, The Schooner's condominiums are equipped with a full kitchen, separate living room and all the amenities necessary for a comfortable stay in Maui. Enjoy beach side tennis courts and a an expansive scenic stretch of Maui sand and surf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Maui Schooner Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maui Schooner Hotel Kihei
- Maui Schooner Kihei
- Maui Schooner Resort Kihei