We've now been at the Maui Schooner three times on a timeshare exchange - it's never our first choice but it's consistently the first place on Maui where we get confirmed. We've now been in the A building once (great ocean views) and the B building twice (partial ocean views at best). The grounds are decent; the pool area is OK, but it's a short walk (less than 5 minutes) to the beach and there are tennis courts and lots to see and do in Maui. This time we discovered a little mentioned and wonderful place to visit - the NOAA Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale Center Visitor Center at 10 minute walk down South Kihei Road. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. Wonderful staff. Lacks a fitness center though there are discounts at some that are nearby (still not as good as having one on-site and I never went as a result).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maui Schooner Resort is a beach-front property with sprawling ocean views and charming Aloha hospitality. The resort boasts a tropical, Hawaiian resort atmosphere. Relax in your one, two or three bedroom suite, spacious enough for a couple on a romantic getaway or for the family. Unlike the typical hotel room, The Schooner's condominiums are equipped with a full kitchen, separate living room and all the amenities necessary for a comfortable stay in Maui. Enjoy beach side tennis courts and a an expansive scenic stretch of Maui sand and surf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Maui Schooner Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maui Schooner Hotel Kihei
- Maui Schooner Kihei
- Maui Schooner Resort Kihei