“Love the Maui Banyan!”

Ranked #29 of 62 Speciality Lodging in Kihei
vancouver
“Love the Maui Banyan!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

These condo's are generally a bit cheaper than other condo's in Kihei because they are "across the street from the beach". It is seriously a 1 minute walk to the beach from the main banyan buildings at the front of the complex. Plus, there are 2 pools, lots of BBQ's and tonnes of parking. It is located in a great area, walking distance to many shops, restaurants and pubs. I have stayed at the Maui Banyan many times, usually renting from private owners on VRBO.com.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank jorjafox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Spent a week at the Maui Banyan in April 2012. We stayed in T208 at the very end of the property. Even though we faced the open parking lot it was very quiet and relaxing.

The kitchen was great in this unit, very modern and well appointed. The garburator was not in the best shape and got clogged on the last night of our stay so we were unable to use the dishwasher as it drained down the same pipe! Not sure how quickly this was repaired as we checked out the next day.

The bathrooms were clean and the air conditioners kept the unit cool during the day and we didn't need them at night which was good as they were a little noisy.

The grounds were very well taken care of and the pool area was nice. We never had a problem finding a lounge chair. There are ample good quality bbqs by the pool.

Don't want to cook; there are shops and restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk from the condo. The beach is right acorss the street, but it can get a little windy in the afternoon when the Trade Winds pick up. We enjoyed the beach most in the morning. There is great snorkeling by the rocks at the south end of Kam II beach. We even saw a huge turtle.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank ajzuke
drenzi, Manager at Maui Banyan Condos, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Thank you for visiting Maui Banyan. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Our two-bedroom suite is 1,000 square feet and comfortably accommodates six people. We are happy to respond to any difficulty you may encounter. We are just a phone call away. As you mentioned, our location is convenient to a number of shopping and dining options. We’re glad you enjoyed the pool and found our manicured grounds to your liking. Thank you for sharing your comments. We hope to see you again soon.
Fair Oaks, Ca
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My husband and I stayed in a condo at the Maui Banyan last May and we were very pleased. Each condo in individually owned so each will be different. We were looking for a good price and a good location and we got both. There are great beaches and restaurants and shops easily within walking distance. The condo was nicely furnished and there was plenty of parking. It was on the second floor and the balcony looked out at a large field and had a bit of an ocean view. It was very private and we enjoyed listening to the birds in the morning. The price was $90 a night which we thought was great. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank FOmama
drenzi, Manager at Maui Banyan Condos, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you for visiting Maui Banyan, Deb. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Your thorough review touches on all the things that make us a popular resort destination. We appreciate the feedback and thank you for sharing your comments. We hope to see you again soon.
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We stay here every time we are on Maui, with the TAN Vacation Network. Nice condos, good location, and I love the Kihei area. Across the street from the beach, with many area restaurants. ABC Store within walking distance for everything you forgot to bring with you.

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Chris M
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We loved the location. We had unit 101 near the check-in desk and close to the pool. The grounds were beautiful. The condo was nice, basic, but clean. Parking was very convenient. Nothing but good things to say.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SeattleRainyDay
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 16 January 2012

When I travel on business, I'm really not that picky. I like a quiet, comfortable room with a comfortable bed. If I can get room service too, then I'm one happy girl. I often book through Hotwire or Priceline in attempt to get the best bang for my (company's) buck, but there's a little bit of a gamble in all of that. And sometimes, when you gamble, you lose. Just sayin'.

First things first: the property was really pretty and nicely kept. Parking was a little confusing and it wasn't at all obvious where one might park to check in, so I winged it. Sometimes your best guess just has to be good enough. Checked in. The lobby? Eh. A little motel-y. Service? A-okay. But whatev. Got my room assignment. The place is seriously spread out with little parking lots everywhere, and there was no parking near my little corner of the property, so I had to park aways away and huff it. That's cool. I'm 30 and have no prohibitive health conditions, but suffer to think of an old or disabled person. Just sayin'.

The room itself? OMGoodness. No. Random paintings all over the walls that looked like they came from a seventh grade art class. Closets stuffed with personal belongings: clothes, golf bags, tool boxes. No really. Like, an actual tool box. Under the sink? More fun with middle school art. Like, just sitting there. Seriously? And Hotwire gave this place three stars?

So was it clean? Yeah, basically. The bed had a Motel 6 comforter and general quality to it. There was a wall unit air conditioner and a 15-year-old TV. I was soooo glad I was only staying one night. In fact, I was so taken aback by the place that I snapped some pictures of the room specifically for this review, something it never occurs to me to do when I'm staying at a hotel. It was just that bad.

When I talked about my general distaste for my room at the Banyan, someone asked me if it was a hotel or a condo. Hotwire bills it at a hotel, but I can see from TripAdvisor that apparently there's some understanding that it might be a condo. The website refers to the place having both one and two-bedroom condo suites and hotel rooms. Hotwire gave me the impression I was getting a hotel room, and my room was certainly not a one- or two-bedroom suite (implying a condo). It's kind of irrelevant, though, because unless I'm renting a VRBO house or something, I'm not down with finding someone else's clothes in the closet. (And even then, it's kind of weird.) If I'm paying Aston for a room, I kind of just want Aston to give me a standard, clean room without personal belongings or weird art. And for $130 a night, a non-Motel 6 bed would be nice, too.

By the way, I used the pool and jacuzzi. They were okay. Nothing remarkable one way or the other.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank TheYoungAmerican
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We have stayed at this condo twice and we love it. Nicely decorated, very comfortable, and the building is right across the street from a beach full of great tidal pools full of sea life on the left, smooth sand in the middle, and a view of Lanai. In the mornings we went tidal pooling, in the evenings we gathered there with many others to watch rbeathtaking sunsets. The room has a big master bedroom and SUPER comfy pillows- I honestly wish I knew what bvrand so I could buy some! The only downfall is, being on street level, I didn't feel comfortable leaving the french door open at night to let in the air, and when you sit out on the patio, you are basically sitting in the parking lot. We didn't use the pool or hot tub but the walk past them is full of fragrant plumeria.

Room Tip: P106 is the only room we can vouch for, but the whole building is in a convenient location right acr...