“My favorite guide!”

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“My favorite guide!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Shaka Doug is the best for a guided shore dive in Maui. If you are vacation, you don't have time to explore all the nooks and crannies of a dive site, like you do at home. Doug does it all for you because he dives it all the time. He knows where all the critters are whether it be a frogfish, shrimp, eel, fish, turtle, or nudibranch. He will tell you the safest way to get in or out of a dive site. He understands the impact we divers have on the environment and holds us to a higher standard, take only pictures and leave only bubbles. He's a great dive buddy! Can't wait to go back!

Visited August 2013

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Several dives”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I have been diving with Shaka Doug for several years now. The water is not always the clearest, but Doug never disappoints. I enjoy the relaxed pace, and the texts the night before if a new dive is coming up. I will dive with him on every trip.

Visited June 2014
Boston
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The perfect shore diving experience!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wife, kids, and I dove with Shaka Divers in April 2014. We did two shore dives and a night dive that was one of the highlights of our trip. Shaka Doug was very professional and knowledgeable. We was great with my kids (ages 16, 14, and 11) and I felt that he made their diving experience as safe and fun as it could ever be. In fact my youngest was doing all his shaka signs for the following week non-stop. We never felt rushed and Shaka Doug's did a great job at finding sea life that we would of never found if we dove without him.

I would recommend Shaka Divers to anyone visiting Maui who would like to do some shore diving, no matter if you come as a family, as a couple, or solo. His scuba bus is wicked cool too and worth checking out. I can't wait to visit Maui again and go diving with Shaka Divers!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank kjkopa
Edmonton, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Shaka Divers, Kihei, Maui - Excellent experience”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Based on six shore dives over three different days our experience with Shaka Divers was excellent. Doug was knowledgeable, safety-conscious, respectful of the environment and knew how to make our diving experience really fun. This was our second vacation on which we went diving and our first time shore diving. There is something to see as soon as you go down. We saw so many cool things - the highlights were the turtles (too many to count), octopus and shark reef. I would highly recommend Shaka Divers to anyone looking for a great diving experience.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ellen M
calgary
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“LAYED BACK BUT NOT ON SAFETY”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Dived with doug nov 2013, 2 tanks at 5 graves. Turtles, small and huge Morays, doug showing off with the little cleaner shrimp in his mouth, the great ink play with the octo and doug ensuring to put it back where the spear hunters would not see it. I am a semi pro intro diver, non certified, 25 dives and doug was the best . It is way better to go out there one one one rather than the big outfits.
thanks doug for a smokin 3 hours.
lewis