“Simply the best fish tacos!”

Coconut's Fish Cafe
Ranked #7 of 186 Restaurants in Kihei
Price range: US$9 - US$12
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Coconut's Fish Cafe, located in the center of Kihei. Coconut's Fish Cafe serves up Maui's finest food with exciting dishes and unique ambiance. At Coconut's Fish Cafe, every dish is created using only the freshest, finest ingredients. We never use microwaves and everything is cooked to order. We serve only the choicest cuts of seafood. Whether you choose to dine at our one-of-a-kind surfboard tables or take-out, our authentic menu and atmosphere make us a must-stop dining experience.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Read all of the reviews about this place and how great the fish tacos are so we decided to try it for lunch today. I was worried it might be a let down, but it lived up to the hype. Super simple order-at-the-counter type place, friendly staff, quick service.
I had the famous fish tacos and the were amazingly delicious. You get two for $11.95 and they are packed on crispy shells with crunchy fresh coleslaw (not too much mayonnaise) diced tomatoes, and mango chunks. Squeeze a little lemon juice over them and you are in heaven! I was full after one as they're a generous portion, and by the time I had finished the second one I was stuffed. It was worth every bite!
Definitely going there again before our vacation is over.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,306)

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Another must go places in Maui that people on trip advisor are saying. Hands down one of the biggest stacked, messy, flavorful, and great tasting fish tacos made. Maybe too big, if there is such a thing(only because it's hard to fold and eat). Seven layers of flavors to complete this mountainous of a fish taco and the fresh mango to bring it together. Just WOW

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The fish burger was excellent! I enjoyed the fish tacos, but I liked the fish burger the best. I ordered a basket of fries and it was enough for 4 people!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

After driving by this place for several days while in Maui, I finally went into the restaurant today, menu looked good, food on people's tables looked amazing...so we decided to give it a try for dinner later that evening. When we returned every table was occupied and a line up was at the counter, I knew this must be a good sign. Quickly a table was freed up and our order was made. Within a short time food came and wow; it was fantastic! Ordered fish & chips and the local plate with blackened mahi mahi. Holy smokes, everything was delicious. Great prices, really awesome staff and food was the best we've had in Maui to date! Truly wish I had gone there when I first saw it 5 days ago. The tables and benches are pretty cool too, shaped like surf boards.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This place is in a boring little strip mall, but the food cannot be beat. Always busy, but quick service. The fish tacos were fantastic - we actually ate there twice on our four day trip!

There is a quirky flea market across the street, as well.