“Great food served on surfboards”

Coconut's Fish Cafe
Ranked #7 of 180 Restaurants in Kihei
Price range: US$9 - US$12
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Coconut's Fish Cafe, located in the center of Kihei. Coconut's Fish Cafe serves up Maui's finest food with exciting dishes and unique ambiance. At Coconut's Fish Cafe, every dish is created using only the freshest, finest ingredients. We never use microwaves and everything is cooked to order. We serve only the choicest cuts of seafood. Whether you choose to dine at our one-of-a-kind surfboard tables or take-out, our authentic menu and atmosphere make us a must-stop dining experience.
ny, USA
“Great food served on surfboards”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This place is small and busy - the freshest fish imaginable served up with great spices and flavor. Huge portions - fish burger was amazing and the fish tacos burst with flavor. The owner was friendly - service was quick. Our family came twice. Don't miss this if you are beaching in the area.

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
DeLand, Florida
“Great Food”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We ate here 4 times during our stay. Although, the menu is not large what they serve is delicious. We tried everything on the menu. Grilled fish Asian style was my favorite. And, the fish tacos were the best I've ever had. Flavors just explode in your mouth! Very clean.

• Visited June 2014
Benton, Louisiana
“Very good & quick service!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We took out our food our first afternoon in the area. While waiting for the food, I noticed all of the charges were higher than the menu from which I ordered. So, I asked one of the workers about it. Each item ordered was charged an extra 50 cents because we didn't eat in ($2 total) I was told it was to pay for the boxes the food was in. We weren't told this while ordering. I'd never heard if this. This was the only negative thing encountered. The coconut shrimp, breaded shrimp & onion rings were delicious! The staff were friendly! Love the surfboard tables!

Northern California
“Simply the best fish tacos!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Read all of the reviews about this place and how great the fish tacos are so we decided to try it for lunch today. I was worried it might be a let down, but it lived up to the hype. Super simple order-at-the-counter type place, friendly staff, quick service.
I had the famous fish tacos and the were amazingly delicious. You get two for $11.95 and they are packed on crispy shells with crunchy fresh coleslaw (not too much mayonnaise) diced tomatoes, and mango chunks. Squeeze a little lemon juice over them and you are in heaven! I was full after one as they're a generous portion, and by the time I had finished the second one I was stuffed. It was worth every bite!
Definitely going there again before our vacation is over.

Visited June 2014
Sacramento, California
“Simply.....the best”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Another must go places in Maui that people on trip advisor are saying. Hands down one of the biggest stacked, messy, flavorful, and great tasting fish tacos made. Maybe too big, if there is such a thing(only because it's hard to fold and eat). Seven layers of flavors to complete this mountainous of a fish taco and the fresh mango to bring it together. Just WOW

Been to Coconut's Fish Cafe? Share your experiences!