“Road to Hana Adventure”

No Ka Oi Private Adventures
Ranked #43 of 85 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Owner description: Custom nature-based excursions in a private, small group setting. We take you off the beaten path and pride ourselves on being environmentally and culturally conscious.
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife and I would like to thank Wade for one of the best experiences in our lives! Wade's passion and expertise for the land is truly inspiring. He had every minute of our 12 hour day planned out and never missed a detail. If you are in Maui and thinking of taking the road to Hana, I highly suggest you do it right, by doing it with Wade!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Our first visit to Hawaii's islands and we did the Pride of America cruise. We spent 2-days in Maui and spent Sunday with Wade doing the Road to Hana - what a great decision! He picked us up at the dock and we began our memorable day with coffee and danish. Then off to the bamboo forests where he carefully checked out our physical limitations (I have knee replacements and John has heart problems) and then decided on our tour. We hiked to and swam under a waterfall, ate roasted coconut and banana bread at a couple of little roadside stands, had lunch at a local park that was celebrating the "Aloha festival" and tried to take in all the beauty of that side of the island. We didn't run into many tourists and loved Wade's explanations of the different areas, flora & fauna, and his introductions to his friends along the way. He bought us ice cream, banana bread and offered other things too. Even a wine vineyard tasting room!! Everything was provided from fresh pineapple (which I ate the most) to drinks, sunscreen to towels. And many bathroom stops along the way. We have so many memories - thanks Wade for everything!!!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I took 2 different tours with Wade back in August and both were unforgettable experiences. I went on the Hana tour first. My second tour was the northern loop.
While I was planning my trip I came across this very page with all the recommended activities in Kihei and the No Ka Oi Private Adventures caught my attention. I don't generally go on tours, preferring to find my way, but I became curious because of all the 5 star reviews; as I started reading Wade's reviews I became more and more impressed, particularly when I read those reviews from people who had been to Hana many times and who all said that Wade's tour was far above and beyond all the rest. I had been to Hana on my own, but it was a quick drive and I knew I had missed a lot of great spots, so I decided to take Wade's tour and I was not disappointed. As many have pointed out, Wade loves Maui and he loves his job and it shows. His knowledge of the island, its flora and it history is remarkable and entertaining. Wade is also very focused and careful and will tailor the tour to your needs/capabilities. He is also a very personable and easygoing guy and I feel I have made an excellent new friend. The Hana trip goes much faster that you would think. As we sat for lunch in the lovely Thai restaurant in Hana that Wade took us to, we all remarked how quickly the first 8 hours or so had gone. Wade has got pretty much everything you need, just as he advertised. Towels, snorkel masks, sunblock, water, assorted healthy snacks and so on. He also had first-aid materials which were handy when I developed blisters on the back on my feet due to the new water shoes I was wearing. We visited and swam in several waterfall/pool combos and never run into other tours other that at one spot where they all stop. Even there other tours stopped at one easily accessible pool with waterfall which is just a few feet from the road while Wade took us on a 15 minute trail that led to a much more impressive set of waterfalls and pools. There was nobody but us a those locations which made it magic. The Red Sand Beach in Hana was spectacular and well worth the hike. I have already booked another Hana tour with Wade since I am going to be in Maui in January with my girlfriend; very much looking forward to sharing this tour with her. Wade knows so many spots on the way to Hana that it would be impossible to fit them all in one tour, so repeat tours can still be different every time you go.
The Northern loop tour was also a blast. Shorter than the Hana tour, it still takes you to some truly spectacular places and my favorite waterfall so far in Maui. The Olivine Pools were fantastic although the Nakelele blowhole is best seen in winter. In summer the swell is often too small to produce the 'blow'. I had driven the northern loop road before and it was a nice change not to have to worry about the driving as it gets very narrow for a a few miles in a couple of places.
Those 2 days were easily the best of my 2 week vacation. I highly recommend both tours, with the Hana tour being my favorite.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Wade delivered a great day out. I wanted to show the kids the real world. Wade gave us a day of turtles, unique beaches, a waterfall and a relaxed trip on the road to Hana. He was attentive to our needs from Mia's car sickness to a great Thai restaurant for lunch.
It was the best way to show the family the rich beauty of nature in a day. Memories for a lifetime.
Thanks Wade.

1  Thank Manish P
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We came to Hawaii with several planned events, one of which was the Hidden Waterfall Adventure with Wade and No Ka Oi Private Adventures. Without a doubt, Wade provided that "WOW" factor! Visually stunning but equally impressive was Wade's knowledge and expertise in describing the area. A definite must anyone wanting experience this wonderful place.