“Paul is GREAT!”
Review of WasSupMaui

WasSupMaui
More attraction details
Owner description: After many trips back and forth to Hawaii, we decided to sell our home on Long Island, New York and make Maui our permanent residence. We purchased a used Chevy Hightop Conversion Astro Van and headed west. We took two months and saw the United States in all its glory. On the way we fell in love with the van and all it had to offer. It was the best way we have ever travelled, and we realized how nice it was to take in the sights at our own pace. ​Before we knew it we had made it across the country and shipped the van off to Maui. Once we settled in on the island, the vanning passion took off. Being a career mechanic, custom car builder and exotic car collector, I started gathering ideas on how to transform the Astro van into the ultimate island transportation. ​Ten years later we now have four Chevy Hightop Conversion Astro Vans which have all been mechanically rebuilt. We also customized the interiors to accommodate overnight stays or just an awesome day at the beach with all the amenities.​ The passion became a lifestyle and we would like to share it with the world!​​ ​We take pride in our craftsmanship and ask you to treat our vans with the utmost respect.. ​If you would like to see Maui on your own terms, come join us for a vanning experience of a lifetime. ​Aloha and safe travels.
Reviewed 20 April 2013

WasSUP Maui with Paul was fantastic! Instead of the bigger companies that rent at their high rates, concrete locations/times, with no weather considerations, Paul is flexible, friendly, knowledgeable, and reasonably priced! We had set up a tour with him in advance and the day we got there, the winds were a little strong. We were first time paddlers and Paul could have easily taken our money and let us flounder around and give up after 20 minutes; however, he did not! He told us he thought we would just get frustrated/give up and it would be a waste of our time and money. Instead he gave us multiple options so that we could fit something in with him for our already busy trip. He ended up driving 30 minutes to meet us closer to our hotel the next morning to go to a secluded area. We got to see some cool stuff in an area with no other paddle boarders. He was patient with us learning, so fun and laid back. I HIGHLY recommend him if you are looking to go paddle boarding in Maui!

1  Thank Clint83

Reviewed 15 February 2013

If you're looking to paddle on Maui, Paul and WasSupMaui is the place to go. Paul has the best variety of boards and will take the time to make sure you have the best experience. If it's your first time or you've been before WasSupMaui will make sure it's an enjoyable time and if your lucky like we were you'll see things from Dolphins to Whales to Turtles. Definitely the best bang for your buck around!

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Just got back from Maui and had an amazing time! One of our most memorable experiences was paddle boarding. We were so glad we discovered Paul on the Wailea Beach. He is a great guy who helped us discover the wonders of this sport -- sharing his expertise freely with such a warm and friendly manner. What started out as a "let's try the paddle boarding experience" evolved from the twenty-something to include the sixty & seventy-something adults in our family group.
Paul is an amazing fellow who has the patience and keen insight into what each customer needs. Being in my 60s, I was a little unsure whether to try paddle boarding. A couple of days prior to considering going, our son-in-law, had tried to paddle with another company and unfortunately he was not correctly matched with his board which resulted in a frustrating experience. Based on this we decided to try wasSUPmaui and what a great idea that was.
While watching the younger set I had time to chat with Paul who encouraged me to try. I had not considered it before --- but he was confident that I could do it! So I did -- and it was wonderful!!!!!!
Paul matched me to a board that allowed me to the experience fully - watching the whales and turtles. My maiden trip was 2 hours and came off without a spill! Paul greeted me at the shore with a wonderful warm smile -- and I was hooked. The next morning, I was back out at 9:00 heading out to watch the turtles and this time -- spinner dolphins!! I did fall 3 times but it was totally okay as I had the confidence built! Paul is a great guy -- and all 12 of us who paddled with him from our family highly recommend him!! Our only regret was that we did not find him sooner into our vacation -- but we will be back and wasSUPmaui is our pick!!

1  Thank marbare
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I had never tried paddle boarding before, and I was nervous to try it. Well... Paul, the owner, made it all a piece of cake. He was a FABULOUS teacher and guide for a memorable experience. I would recommend this fun activity to anyone. I had some anxiety about doing this, as it was out of my comfort zone, but it was a highlight of my trip to Maui. The boards were designed by Paul for maximum stability. He had a very patient and easy way about him, and his teaching technique made it easy to follow. He took pictures of us while we were out, and was very accomodating. My friends and I enjoyed a nice morning paddle boarding...in turquoise blue water...in Maui...it doesn't get any better than this. I will be back!

1  Thank carljc
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This company was amazing. The quality of the boards used as rentals was nothing short of first class. The service was the the best part. Paul, the owner, really took time to make sure the comfort level was there before you hit the water. His attention to detail, as well as keeping an eye on the people in the water, was a top priority. The level of customer service was truly 5 star rating. When we return to Maui this will be one of the first activities we schedule. If you are looking to rent paddle boards this outfit is the one you need to go for. The location was full of wildlife (i.e. turtles and even a dolphin) to enjoy. The rates were more than reasonable and compaired to many other excursions, we really got our money's worth.

1  Thank Stephen1354