“Best Burger on Maui”

Ranked #31 of 178 Restaurants in Kihei
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Gourmet burgers and fries served in a relaxed open air patio. Casual food at casual prices. Offering many varieties of burgers such as 100% Natural Grass fed beef from MAUI Cattle Company, Mahi Mahi Fish fillet, all natural Chicken breasts, Vegetarian patties and our own home made Turkey Burgers. Frosty "Hawaiian Ice cream" milkshakes, Floats and icy cold drinks. Situated right across from the beach in sunny Kihei! PLUS, we now have "Little Bar" at Stewz open everyday ~ 7 days a week 12pm to 8:30pm. Serving up Hawaiian Craft beers, Domestics and Imported Beer , various Wines and Cocktails in our indoor Bar/Dining room. HAPPY HOUR DAILY 3pm-6pm
Kihei, Hawaii
“Best Burger on Maui”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We ate the first time because location was convenient, lots of free parking, and outdoor tables across from the beach with good ocean views. Second visit was to decide if the food was really as good as we remembered. We loved the juicy, delicious burgers and homemade milkshakes, and fries. I think this is the best burger I have ever tasted and that says a lot coming from someone from Texas. Service always friendly and they allow pets at their outdoor only seating. We will be back.

• Visited August 2014

Vancouver Island, Canada
“Stewz da best”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We were on our honeymoon and decided to give Stewz Burgers a try, as it was very close to our hotel.
WOW!!! Possibly one of the best burgers i have ever tasted.
We tried the Blue cheese burger (Kapalua) and their version of a western burger (Kihei) .
My wife and I licked our fingers with joy.
Everything was so fresh and home made tasting.Their buns were very unique, something i have never had before.
The counter person told me they were Hawaiian Sweet buns. YUM YUM!!
We also ordered Kona Coffee milkshakes and the Hapa Mix. ( a combo of sweet potato and reg french fries).
Again, both were really good.
If your craving an awesome burger , this is the place to go!

• Visited July 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“just okay”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Tried a cheeseburger and a teriyaki burger and they were just okay. I didn't like the sauces actually but it may have been a matter of personal taste. Fries and onion rings were outstanding. The service couldn't have been better however.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Cheryl094
“Amazing food, poor service.”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My food took 50 minutes to get to me! And the waitress wasn't very kind. However, the Kihei burger was by far the best burger I've ever had.

• Visited July 2014
va
“Half Cooked Burger”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I stopped here for a burger while in Kihei based on the reviews. There was only one other person there when I ordered. The food came out quick and was hot. However, when I got the burger to my hotel and started eating it, it was half cooked. I had to put it in the microwave to finish cooking it. I'm not sure if this is how they always cook their burgers or if they were trying to be speedy with service. Whatever the case, I was not impressed.

Visited July 2014
burgerman514, Manager at Stewz Maui Burgers, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Client,
Firstly i want to thank you for stopping by Stewz Maui Burgers the other day and bringing this issue to my attention.
We solely use Maui Cattle beef, which is grass fed, 100% natural and hormone free.
Due to this higher quality premium grass fed beef, we tend to not overcook it. We try and keep it juicy without drying it out.
Unfortunately, the cook that day/night might of undercooked it a bit which was not to your liking.
If you would be so kind as to let me know what day and what time you came to the restaurant as i would like to bring attention to this matter with the cook on duty at that time.
It's unfortunate that you took it to go, as if you were not satisfied with the cooking when you had your first bite we would of surely put it back on the grill and cooked it longer for you.
Again, the cooks do not want to overcook this grass fed beef as it is easy to dry it out.
We take great pride in what we serve and again i apologize for this unfortunate experience.
Thanking you kindly,