“good food, great service”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #73 of 184 Restaurants in Kihei
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Ate there twice on this trip, servers are really very good, food is as expected at Outback, very consistent quality of food and servic

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Anyone who eats at this restaurant and doesn't complain must be brain dead or have no idea what good food is. And the worst part of it is, I suggested this place as a 'great' place to go for steaks etc. based on some past experiences in Palm Desert, California.
For starters, we ordered the bloomin Onion rings. Well I know this is all deep fried with enough saturated fat to stop your heart dead in it's tracks, but seriously....the taste of grease was all we could taste. Horrible.
Then those 'wedge' salads. Are they kidding? I'd rather have a gaunch wedgie than order that 'wedge' again. Chop a head of 'Iceberg' lettuce (who uses that anymore) into four, throw some blue cheese bottled dressing and voila...your salad Sir. Ridiculous!
Then my dinner partner ordered a steak medium rare. It got sent back. What part of rare didn't they understand. If he'd wanted shoe leather he would order a shoe.
My Prime Rib was the worst cut, fattiest, and smallest I ever ate.
Was there anything good about this restaurant you ask? My response to that is an emphatic NO.
Avoid it at all costs. McDonalds does a better job for a fraction of the cost.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Like the atmosphere in the place, staff were good, though they should have at least a vegetarian option on the burger list... most other places do. What I had was nice, the chicken burger. Food looked good, came fairly quickly. If no table is available, there is a bar at which you can wait.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

where do we start? do the staff actually read what they write down when you order. My main course arrived with no sides - it went back, then I noticed the sauce that should be on the Mahi - Mahi was not on it, back it goes again, my friend's meal arrived - no sides, back it goes (there are only abour a dozen customers in - outnumbered by staff!). I order a P O G (fruit juice mix), to be told - we have none (it is 4:30pm in the afternoon) so I order coffee, it arrives and it is COLD! I have never been served cold coffee anywhere in the world except here! it goes back, it returns having been microwaved (you can tell by the baked on drip on the side of the cup). The fish and the sauce, when finally added were very nice, but................
Go back - not in a month of Sundays
Tip for the Staff (that is the waitress and Chef) - Go back to Specsavers and get a refund!!!

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Last time I went it was early and not real crowded my waitress was in another world and cared even less, my Alice springs chicken was dragged behind a truck from Hana it was like eating jerky I told the waitress and she could really care, it was horible the manager offered to give me another one but I passed I figured it would not be worth it, the waitress only came to the table twice ad when I told her the food was terrible she walked away with out saying a word that is when I went to the greeter out front to locate the manager I would never go back