“My favorite go-to lunch place!”
Review of Joy's Place

Joy's Place
Ranked #48 of 183 Restaurants in Kihei
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I love healthy, good food, but I'm not exactly a health nut. I mean, I'll eat other things and I'm certainly not extraordinarily strict or self-controlled about what I will and will not eat. And yet, this healthy, delicious place is my absolute favorite place to eat lunch in Kihei because of its healthy goodness!

I travel to Kihei about 3 or 4 times a month, 6-8 months a year, for work. As a hotel guest, I must eat out during each one of these stays. My very favorite go-to place is Joy's Place for its healthy and reliably delicious choices.

Be forewarned, the prices are a little high, but not when you consider the extraordinary quality and large quantities of the food being served.

The employees greet all their customers with a big welcoming smile and "hello!" It's a friendly, inviting, tiny little place that feels like home each time I go in there.

Some of my favorites are:
-the incredibly fresh tuna sandwich on fresh-baked rosemary bread. This is no canned tuna! It's fresh from the sea, chopped tuna. With avocado and tomato and such. And it's a giant sandwich that is sliced in half. I always eat half for lunch and half for a late afternoon snack.

-the "live" burrito. Pure health food, scrumptious, and a little different -- the sour cream is made from pureed cashews, for instance, but you'd never know if I didn't tell you!

-any of their daily soup specials. Oh, yum. They are ALL so very good! Made from the purest, freshest ingredients. I haven't had one that wasn't out of this world!

-the veggie chili or veggie chili deluxe. Both come with brown rice covered with veggie chili and a bag of your favorite chips. (I always get the blue corn tortilla chips with it.) The deluxe comes with chopped onion, chopped avocado, and shredded cheese on top. It is to die for and oh, so filling.

-the turkey sandwich. Perfect simplicity that is somehow tastier than any other turkey sandwich.

-grilled cheese and tomato soup, a frequent special. Such simple, homemade goodness.

Check out the daily specials when you come in. They're almost always perfectly delicious!

Water is served from a cooler on the counter with help-yourself paper cups.

Try this place out! Don't fret about the prices. I'm convinced they're higher than most sandwich places because of the remarkable quality and quantity of the ingredients. Enjoy!!

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent wholesome food served up by caring and attentive staff/owners
One of the best BLT's I've ever had on their signature sprout bread with avocado and sprouts

Reviewed 29 May 2014

People with restricted diets often have one possibility when dining out - not at Joy's! Delicious choices abound for those aware of their food restrictions.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The best tuna sandwich I've ever had! Fresh tuna on healthy,delicious bread and a perfect amount of greens too. I have a hard time deciding on the tuna and the veggie so I get both and split them with a friend! Super sweet staff that greet you with aloha

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I cannot get enough of this place, all healthy feel good food. My favorite is the turkey sandwich wrapped in collard greens, soup, and when Im sick they always have the cold buster drink. Help you get over your cold faster. Its always my get well spot when I'm under the weather. I feel like its mama's kitchen.

1  Thank MaliaBab