“Not what I would have expected.”
Review of Cafe Carmen at the Tech Park - CLOSED

Cafe Carmen at the Tech Park
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: Healthy, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are located in the black glass building on the top of Lipoa Parkway on the left. Just drive into the parking lot and we are on the ground floor of the main lobby.
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This place feels like a sandwich shop in the basement of your office building. Brightly lit and all tiled. No ambiance at all. None. Zero. But, the service is charming and the food is excellent. It wasn't what we were looking for in Hawaii, but with more time, we would have returned.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We visit Maui twice a year , one of the ways we stretch our vacation budget is to find places to eat that are not in the tourist mainstream. Cafe Carmen in Kihei is our new favorite, the food is fresh, tasty and presented in an attractive manner , the menu has something for everyone. We have not had dinner here, but next trip we will. The cafe is very cheerful and bright, a really nice place for a meal , lovely views of the golf course and ocean.
Cafe Carmen's customers seem to be the area business people and locals, evidently tourists are discovering the cafe, which we are sure is a good thing .
Cafe Carmen...in our opinion the best place on Maui, why spend $$$$ at a big resort when you have this lovely little place to go to.

1  Thank RuthBob
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My friend and I went for dinner last for the first time - delicious! Completely random location in the Tech Park, absolutely worth finding it. (And, who knew, we could see the ocean from our table!) Great service, friendly staff is only the start. We had the Thai style poke and pupu steak with kimchi for appetizers (both fantastic, great combinations of flavors in each), and even though those were starting to fill us up we knew we had order an entree each - the special spaghetti and then the pork belly - Amazing! But seriously, what are you still doing reading - go! Go!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is that place you will recommend to your friends because you fell in love with it! Cafe Carmen is the sweetest little treasure of a cafe in Kihei, Hawaii on the Island of Maui. I discovered it one day and now I go there as often as possible. The food is fresh, the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus are all versatile and tasty.

The service is extraordinary. Since I come here so often, then know what I like and see me coming. I'm totally pleased with how well I am treated and how over the top they treat everybody.

Sometimes I just want a snack and there is plenty to choose from. Other times I am interested in a cold beer and full meal, and I get it here! The variety of food, beer and wine is awesome.

Don't miss this place... visit and stay for a while. You'll thank me for it.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

In a high tech area, but just off the main drag...this place has super friendly service and truly exquisite food! Went for lunch and brunch menu looked great too! Yum for the vegan patty. The sandwiches looked great too. Not a veggie restaurant...great choices for everyone! Lots of happy locals. All very friendly. Will be on my top Maui list of go to spots!

2  Thank Joan88