“Stay Away from #119”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kihei
Waiohuli Beach Hale
Ranked #29 of 60 Speciality Lodging in Kihei
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The Waiohuli Beach Hale complex is simply a gem on Maui. The location is perfect, whether you want some action on South Kihei or a simple life, you'll find it all here. We've enjoyed this complex for a number of years without regret…until I committed to a stay in Condo #119.

My advice is to stay way until the owner puts some money into upgrades and updates and most of all cleanliness. The bathroom floor mouldings were dirty and raw with grit. The Kitchen ceiling light was full of dirt and bugs and I'm not sure what was in the carpet. The bedroom linens were disgusting, well worn and bottom sheets had stains including blood. ( I kid you not) and the mattress cover should be burned. I know, I sound dramatic, bit it's all true. Our Lanai door even came off the runners and almost toppled over. The owner must be laughing at those of us who rent the place…it's a cash cow. Now, having said that, the rental company did take action immediately once I gave them notice of the complaints and I think they did the very best they could under the circumstances. The light was taken down and cleaned, the Lanai door was re-fitted with new hardware etc. However, you'd better ask a series of questions before you commit to #119. And remember, this complex has many units that have been remodelled, so be sure and ask about those.

Room Tip: "D" building units are shaded most of the time, so if its sun all day try building "B...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Peter A

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Unit 224 is located in a very quiet section of the resort, very close to the beach, BBQs, and overlooking the pool. There is no noise from the parking lots or church. Being on the second floor you get fantastic views, from the lanai, of the ocean and great breezes. The unit is very clean, recently updated kitchen including a brand new fridge and stove the day we arrived! The king bed is exceptionally comfortable. The bed sofa is old and saggy, perhaps okay for a child, but needs replacement. The ceiling fans keep the unit cool, however there is an AC in the bedroom for those who need it. There are plenty of towels, kitchenware, even beach chairs and boogie board. The beach is clean and great for long strolls. The ocean is shallow with some coral, great for kayaking, long-boarding and windsurfing, but not swimming. However there are wonderful swimming beaches just a 5 minute drive away. The huge 60 foot solar heated pool is great for doing lengths, and due to its 3.5 to 4.5 foot depth, a wonderful pool for children. When we stayed the complex was close to full, but there were never any issues with finding sun-chairs and the children played in the pool without excessive noise. The atmosphere of the resort was friendly with respect for all. It was always quiet by 10pm. We would definitely return. The unit manager, Gabriel, is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Building D, higher numbers, is the quietest area. Lower level units if you prefer to simply walk out...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RainbowTraveller23
Reviewed 5 October 2013

First off I will start by addressing a few reviews that talked about the church behind the property and the sketchy people hanging out around there. From our experience this is...sort of true. I'm not sure if this church feeds the less fortunate or what is going on there but we were not bothered by it. Unfortunately the unit below and to the left of us had construction going on every morning starting at 8am, that would wake me up, but it would wrap up before evening. This didn't bother us a whole lot either because we were never at our condo during the day due to all the other amazing beaches to choose from. The beach out front is not a beach you would swim at but to lay out it would be just fine. It looks to be very shallow and rocky. Speaking of "rocks" the king size bed is ROCK HARD!

Alright, enough complaining...The condo was very nice and clean. The location was great for walking to the grocery store/restaurants right down the street. The mornings on the lanai looking out towards the ocean were my favorite...also the Kona coffees. The best parts about this place is the southern Maui location, distance to shops/stores, and the amazing property/views, and not to mention the price! I would definitely recommend this property, but if I get the chance to stay here again, I will check into a different condo even closer to the ocean for an even more AMAZING view!

Overall had a great stay and miss it already.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2013

For an extended stay I would choose a Unit closer to the Ocean for several reasons. Number one reason the constant Noise from the Church Parking Lot! I know we read the previous reviews and thought how bad could it be? Well it is very annoying! I understand they feed the homeless and I say good for them! Trucks unloading stuff are parked and the compressor's shut on and off all day and all night. They have something going on at the church everyday.
The second reason I rate this Condo only average "Unit 210"needs updating! The couch is old and looks filthy I put a sheet over it the carpet had stains. But most importantly the Master Bed is hard as sleeping on the floor! very uncomfortable!
Notified off site property manager twice about the A/C unit in Master leaking water and the saturated carpet. After about a week a new A/C was installed. The carpet as promised was never pulled up to dry and cleaned. Shame on them!
Web site says updated flat screen TV's. Does not have! Just very hard to hear over window units. I will say Kitchen has most everything you will need. The BEST thing about Unit is awesome view of pool and ocean. Met the needs of Corporate budget.. Was convenient to work and play.

Room Tip: You will need A/C at least part of the day in May and June. Be sure to ask what recent updates hav...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank P W
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Wow... can't say enough about this place!! This unit is on the end facing the ocean. What a view, especially sunsets! We were there with the full moon in April and it was so beautiful shining over the ocean at night. The area is very quiet, even the beach....perfect for taking a morning stroll. The unit was exquisitely clean and well stocked. Beach towels, extra linens, full kitchen with everything you would need. Great place to cook your steak and eat on the lanai and enjoy the peaceful waves of the ocean. Solar lap pool... so nice! Laundry facilities available. This unit is in walking distance of grocery, drug stores and other shops. Located in the middle of the island provides easy distance to where ever you want to go. The north side of the island has bigger waves, and the west busy resort area.... this is a perfect peaceful place just nestled right along the beach and away from the busy resorts. The grounds are filled with beautiful flowers and foliage and very well kept. This place is the nicest beach condo we have ever stayed in! Highly recommend.. great place to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

Room Tip: If you are going to spend money for a trip to Maui... get a front ocean view condo with easy access...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Antietam_Wader
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stayed in unit 116 and it was super. We were centrally located, within walking distance to the grocery store and other shops around. The beach was narrow, but sandy and swimmable. You can see turtles there in the evening, and sometimes whales as well. Our unit was on the ground floor, and did not have a ocean view, however could step right outside to the beach. The unit was clean, and had everything we needed. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank polgara456
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I stayed here for 10 nights, loved it!! Had a great sleep every night, right outside the pool and steps away from the beach. I was concerned about not having air conditioning, but the breeze and the slated windows were sufficient! I really have no complaints! It is very central, groceries are near by and it's close enough to town to walk for dinner and drinks!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo