“The most perfect place for your stay in Maui”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kihei
Maui Sugar Beach Inn
Ranked #12 of 16 Kihei B&B and Inns
Vara
“The most perfect place for your stay in Maui”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2009

We had a wonderful time when we were at Maui SugarBeach Inn. Tracy, one of the owners were very friendly and would do the very very best to get you a good stay.
Our room was very nice, clean and with A/C, tv and dvd. We did share our bathroom with another room, but that was so OK. The bathroom was always clean and we got lots of towels.

As my husband and I made our own breakfast , was it PERFECT to have this fully equipped kitchen provided for us. We also shared this with antoher couple, but that was so ok. If you needed to was your towels, cloths etc. there were a washing machine there as well, perfect.

Maui Sugar Inn is a perfect little place to stay at, its in a nice neighbourhood, not so far from restaurants, beach etc. There´s a pool as well. So what more can I say, you just have to book your stay and explore lovely Maui!

Idamarie and Frank, Sweden

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Iddis

milano
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2009

Well, my personal experience with hostels was really bad since I found the Maui Sugar Beach Inn. The place is wonderful, it's almost on the beach (you can't see the ocean just because some trees, but it's right there!) and it's very peaceful and silent. My room was unbelievably clean and with all what you need: a bathroom and a kitchen with every comfort, (hairdryer, toaster, coffee machine...). You even have the dryer and the washer machine ...free!! The pool is very nice and clean, as well as the beautiful garden. But the most fantastic thing is the people you meet there, the parties that the owner throws and Tracy, the owner, herself! An energetic, strong, awesome woman who can make you feel home even if you are very far from home as I was (I was there by myself from Italy...not exactly close by)!
I stronlgy recommend this hostel 'cause I had the most amazing vacation of my life there ... and let's be honest, Maui is an incomparable paradise!!
Have a great trip, everyone!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2009

I was staying at the Sugar Beach Inn for one week a few days ago, and I got to say that it has the best "bed for the buck ratio" that I have experienced so far in Hawaii! I'have been in other hostels on Oahu and Maui in the price range of 25-38$ per night, and the Sugar Beach Inn is clearly the overall winner!
The rooms are very clean! I didn't see a single ant, spider or bed bug (yes, there are bed bugs in other hostels), and everything looks new or renovated. The dorm rooms are pretty big, and in most (or all?) of them there are 2 beds at max. They have TV, AC (not common for hostels), kitchen, there's a pool for everyone, pingpongtable, laundry machines, grill, etc..
The beach is just across the street, and it's not crowded at all. You can wind/ kitesurf and Molokini is not far away, there you can go diving.
And Tracy (the owner) was really friendly. She even took us on a great hike in the bamboo forest! There were only three of us at the Inn, so I don't think she could do that if it was fuller.
Overall this is not an alltime party hostel, even though you can hang out with your friends or other guests at the pool in the evening. But from a neutral point of view, and I'm swiss so I'm always neutral ;), this was still the best place I stayed on Maui! Go here rather than to the hostel that drives you bananas ;)

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2009

I got married in Maui this past July and my family plus my husbands family stayed in the Inn. We rented out this entire place, and it was a really good price too for 22 people staying there! There are 4 small apartments taking up the 1st floor of this inn, and the top floor is more like a huge house with a kitchen, large living room, a master bedroom and two smaller rooms plus another apartment area!!! Unless the owners of the inn have updated their pictures, the ones they have up do not do justice to their inn, i looked at all the pictures they sent to me before we decided to stay there and I had no idea what was in store for me!! I had no idea what to expect really, but it was a relief to see it in person compared to the pictures. My only suggestion to the owners would be to get better angled pictures! Other than that they are doing a wonderful job... also the lady that greeted us was a little on the cold side, i dont know if its because we arrived 1 hour before our allowed check in time, but we just asked if we could leave our suitcases and the food we bought there and then we would leave and give them their space to finish cleaning and what not, but she was not happy with us for doing so. She also sat us down like we were little kids explaining what is not allowed in the inn and how to wash sand from your body before getting in the pool. But other than those minor things our trip was wonderful, the inn was wonderful, its located in the middle of some great cities and the beach is just 1 to 2 minute walking distance from the inn!!!!

• Stayed July 2009
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2009

Now keep in mind that we did not actually stay at this place. We went to take a look at it, LOVED it, but they were already booked for the time we wanted to stay there. Someone rented out the entire place for a wedding.

This is such a lovely, quiet, mature, pretty place right near the beach and bus line. Much cleaner than any other hostel I've been to in Maui. A MUCH better value than any of the others. This place has nice patios, a grassy yard with swimming pool, a thatched common area upstairs, and each "room" shares it's own full kitchen. This means that there are no more than 4 people per kitchen.

It was a little strange that the beds in the bedrooms were the same price as the beds out in the living room, but whatever. Next time I go to Maui I'm calling ahead for sure and will try to stay here!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
san francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2009

Maui Sugar Beach Inn was the perfect place for our family vacation. We rented the entire Inn for for two weeks for our 20th wedding anniversary celebration. We were a group of 24, consisting of grandma, couples, young adults, teens, tweens and little kids. There was plenty of space for all. This Inn is in a quiet neighborhood, yet close to Safeway, Long's, restaurants and shopping centers. The full kitchens were stocked with all the necessities needed for cooking meals and the large lanai was great for gathering. It was so nice to have the entire Inn for our group for so many reasons. We especially enjoyed the refreshing pool that was just steps from our doors, (the beach is right across the street), the front door parking, use of the washer/dryer, and the security of our children in a contained space. We also liked that renting the whole Inn guaranteed us privacy and quiet on our terms. We had a wonderful get together on the big lanai that had room for 40 seated, a buffet line and small bar, a musician and a hula dancer. We felt like it was our vacation home! Tracy was so accommodating and helpful, and Mary was so easy to work with, thanks gals! What a great place they have!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sfgogirl
kihei HI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2009

My fiance and I actually live in Kihei. We stayed for about 3 days while our home was under construction and ended up liking the Inn better than our own home! Nice quiet and private rooms. My fiance is a chef and we really liked being able to stay somewhere paying the same price as a hotel and being able to have our own kitchen. We have stayed in a lot of places on the island and we have really enjoyed the quiet and privacy the Sugar Beach Inn provides.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Maui Coast Hotel
Nona Lani Cottages
Nona Lani Cottages
#15 of 62 in Kihei
Kohea Kai Resort Maui

Been to Maui Sugar Beach Inn? Share your experiences!