Maui Sugar Beach Inn
US$490
US$548
AscendHotels
US$190
Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort(Wailea)
US$721
US$674
Hotels.com
US$468
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn by Marriott Maui Wailea(Wailea)(Great Value!)
US$365
US$296
US$209
US$193
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 December 2009

I looked on the Internet for a place to stay while I explored the island of Maui, and found the Sugar Beach Inn. I spent a week there and found it the ideal place to stay; more rewarding than I could have imagined. I met wonderful people there from many corners of the world, some of whom I hope to see again in my travels..

The inn was unlike any hostel I have ever visited. It was neat, clean, quiet, and very comfortable. I felt more like I was a guest in a friend's home, rather than in a rented room. The innkeeper went above and beyond the call of duty to make the guests feel welcome. I wish I was back there right now!

2  Thank AnotherBeautifulDay
Reviewed 8 December 2009

I had a fantastic stay at the Maui Sugar Beach Inn. It was cheap, clean and a ton of fun. I met a bunch of cool people and hung out with them around the pool, had a barbecue, played some ping pong, all around a great time was had. Tracy was the perfect hostess. I would definitely recommend the Maui Sugar Beach Inn to anyone traveling on a budget, or just looking to stay somewhere that's down to earth where you'll meet some cool people and have a good time.

1  Thank garetheaves
Reviewed 5 December 2009

For my 54th birthday, I decided on a whim, to go to Hawaii as I had never been there before and I picked Maui. Since I was wanting the sun and a beach full time, I did not want to spend a fortune on a fancy hotel, just wanted a reasonable place to sleep and shower.

The first place that popped up on my computer was the "Maui Sugar Beach Inn" in Kihei.
I called and spoke to the proprietor and she explained her inn was a hostel for an adult
populace and she had ground rules which seemed reasonable and appropriate to keep things manageable and on the quieter side. I booked a single bed in a room for two and was told I would be sharing with one of two females. OK!! Sounds great and the bonus! Only 39.00 a night.

I arrived in the evening and to my great delight, the beach with waves right across the street! The Inn and it's impeccable landscaping and the warm greeting of the owner releaved any anxiety I had as to the quality of the place.

My roomie, another retired woman traveling alone was wonderful and we became instant friends. Our accommodations - modesty updated and very clean, totally put me at ease and I knew this was one of my better decisions!

Throughout that evening and next day, younger, educated adults from Germany, Ireland, Australia, Iceland and Canada gathered at the hostel and much to my complete surprise, the owner and her assistant actually planned a dinner party in honor of my birthday on the deck which will go down as one of my best birthdays ever! A deck full of strangers from all over the planet sitting down over a splendid meal and wine and we all laughed an shared stories until late..

The owner, in addition to running a tight ship here is very helpful and knowledgeable about all of the things to do and see in Maui and I will return there again and again!

2  Thank DJBLUtravels
Reviewed 4 December 2009

We had a wonderful time when we were at Maui SugarBeach Inn. Tracy, one of the owners were very friendly and would do the very very best to get you a good stay.
Our room was very nice, clean and with A/C, tv and dvd. We did share our bathroom with another room, but that was so OK. The bathroom was always clean and we got lots of towels.

As my husband and I made our own breakfast , was it PERFECT to have this fully equipped kitchen provided for us. We also shared this with antoher couple, but that was so ok. If you needed to was your towels, cloths etc. there were a washing machine there as well, perfect.

Maui Sugar Inn is a perfect little place to stay at, its in a nice neighbourhood, not so far from restaurants, beach etc. There´s a pool as well. So what more can I say, you just have to book your stay and explore lovely Maui!

Idamarie and Frank, Sweden

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Iddis
Reviewed 4 December 2009

Well, my personal experience with hostels was really bad since I found the Maui Sugar Beach Inn. The place is wonderful, it's almost on the beach (you can't see the ocean just because some trees, but it's right there!) and it's very peaceful and silent. My room was unbelievably clean and with all what you need: a bathroom and a kitchen with every comfort, (hairdryer, toaster, coffee machine...). You even have the dryer and the washer machine ...free!! The pool is very nice and clean, as well as the beautiful garden. But the most fantastic thing is the people you meet there, the parties that the owner throws and Tracy, the owner, herself! An energetic, strong, awesome woman who can make you feel home even if you are very far from home as I was (I was there by myself from Italy...not exactly close by)!
I stronlgy recommend this hostel 'cause I had the most amazing vacation of my life there ... and let's be honest, Maui is an incomparable paradise!!
Have a great trip, everyone!