“Poor”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I do not agree with some of the other reviews. I thought the service was slow and the food was blah. I think what you get is over priced. Kihei has lost a lot of restaurants over the years and I think this one will be next. When I was at the restaurant for lunch there was maybe three other couples. I had the Burrito bowl and it was disappointing. I may be just used to the Mexican food in Arizona and New Mexico. This food does not compare.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

If you want a quick meal that won't leave an impression but will fill you up - check out Amigos. Mediocre meal, nice service, and in a convenient location. Nothing to write home about.....

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Great food. Being from San Diego it's hard to get down home Mexican food in other areas. This is very good. Service was very friendly. Good margaritas!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was surprised to find such an authentic Mexican restaurant tucked into a strip mall in Kihei. The service was a little slow, but then this is Maui, and many of the locals do not seem to be in a rush. Stopped here for lunch and had coupon for a half-priced lunch or $5 margaritas...which were tasty and not watered down. The burrito bowl was tasty and the enchilada plate was as authentic as I've eaten in Mexico and Arizona. Now, if it could have just been on the beach and with such reasonable prices, ha ha.....

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My mother is half Mexican, I grew up in Arizona and lived a long time in southern California. I know good Mexican food, and I like good Mexican food. It's hard to find in Hawaii, and I accept that. Amigos Kihei is a really nice friendly local place with good Mexican food, as good as most places I've eaten around Los Angeles, and definitely the best I've had locally. Some servers are lame, and none could ever match the server our first time who we haven't seen since which is too bad because he was awesome, but some of the servers are really very good and the food is always good. If you want good Mexican food, this is my vote.